1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Gpu artifacting in just one part of game

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by erratum1, 12 Feb 2013.

1. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

What does it mean when a gpu (550ti) is artifacting in just one part of a game?

It's in assassins creed brotherhood when riding the horse through the town to get to the cannons, explosions everywhere and then at the top of the wall looking down at the town.

It does it as soon as starting the game so it's not a build of heat and it is fine before and after that part as far as I can tell....played on a bit more and it seemed ok.

I've completed this game before and it didn't do this when installed, I thought my gpu would need to be sent back but if it's only doing it in that one part it's hard to prove to someone it's faulty. :wallbash:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Core clock or memory clock is too high. Is your graphic card overclocked? If not, like, not at all, where the model you bought is the default frequencies of the 550 Ti, then the card requires RMA, as it will get worse over time... the card is dying.

3. Deders

Deders Modder

It could just be drivers, have you tried updating, I believe there are new Beta's out right now

4. erratum1

Thanks for reply.

When it happened I updated drivers it was the same.

I've been trying 3dmark06 & vantage it has no problem there surely that scene in Brotherhood can't be more stressful than 3dmark....and oc scanner no artifacts, how long do you run oc scanner for I don't want to cook the card.

After my 8800 died after 6 years and I used to overclock that a lot!, the 550ti has always been left at stock so a bit bummed.

It happens as soon as I take up my save standing on the wall looking at the town exploding, seeing it run both 3dmarks perfectly it just doesn't seem right.

5. Deders

Deders Modder

It could be one part of the chip being used in ways that the benchmarks don't stress, like tessellation for instance. Deus Ex 3 was giving me artifacts on tessellated areas for a while until, was resolved a driver release or 3 down the line.

I guess you have to factor in how long your warranty is as to whether you want to wait and find out.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2013
  6. GoodBytes

Correct,

Just so that we are all on the same page... when you say artifact, you are talking about this:
    [​IMG]
    Right?

7. erratum1

^I was just taking some shots for evidence.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2013
  8. Deders

Deders Modder

Does underclocking your card make any difference?

9. GoodBytes

To me, it looks like a simple game bug with your card.

10. erratum1

^ That's what I was hoping.

Edit: I edited my pics above ^ with a short video it gives a better idea.

I'm going to put it down to a pacific game bug that has come up for some reason, i've been running the Unigine benchmark and it runs perfect...phew!

Last edited: 13 Feb 2013