1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other install windows on Android?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Podge4, 9 Mar 2013.

1. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I realise this may be unlikely but Is it possible to create a virtual windows OS to run on my Tegra 3 Android tablet?

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

nope, windows is x86 or x64 at its base, Tegra 3 is arm at its base so therefore this is impossible

Windows RT installation media is not available to the public, and that is the only arm based version of Windows

I expect there to be some way somewhere of install it and using an emulator but ask yourself, why do you need it so bad?

Last edited: 9 Mar 2013
  3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

In theory you could install Windows RT on a Tegra 3 tablet. If you can find the installation file.

4. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

Oh, so this thing is really possible.. checking the big 'G' for that file..

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It certainly is. There are several QEMU-based x86 emulators available for Android, including this one. Those will let you install almost any x86-based OS onto your tablet or smartphone.

It won't run *well,* mark you - hardware emulation is always slow - but it will run, contrary to the naysayers.

6. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Alternatively, 2X for Android is free, easy to set up (and fantastic); and will do whatever you want!

7. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

I was just wondering if were possible, thanks Gareth, i'll look at that. If it doesn't work that well then ok but i'll take a look and see.

Last edited: 9 Mar 2013