1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 - Best Mobo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gtiboy, 16 Oct 2008.

1. gtiboy

gtiboy Minimodder

Is the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 best motherboard to buy right now?

If you look at all the benchmark tests of this board compared to all the others, it succeeds in everything above its rivals Video Encoding, File Compression/Decompression and most important of all gaming performance.

Cant really see any other board worthy of buying, am I right or wrong? And if so could anyone point out the cons?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

In what way "best"? What are you looking for?

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Gigabyte do make solid products, but there top end gear is a little over priced, which is a con in my view. The layout can be an issue aswell. Pure dirt overclocking speed, you cant do better than a DFI P45-TRS3 which is alot cheaper.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

X48 will do things a P45 won't though, but the X48T has been revised since I reviewed it and it was chucked into my P45 reviews simply as a high end DDR3 board to show the comparisons. It's still a solid board though, even if it is expensive, but it's super-cheap compared to the Rampage Extreme!

5. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

I'd hang on for the P45 gigabye, i forget the name, but it has move copper or something...beer time now so can't be bothered to find the link

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I dont tend to look at Asus boards due to pure dis-taste for them.

DFI, Gigabyte and formally Abit, alas there gone now

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ep45-UD3R

Ive got one to review. I'll test 8gb in it if I get time.

8. gtiboy

gtiboy Minimodder

I am looking for a board that excels at everything, just like in the review of the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6.

Unless of course the forth coming Gigabyte ep45-UD3R board can match or pip it.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well the X48T is DDR3 - it will of course be faster because it uses faster and more expensive memory.

What's your budget for everything?

10. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I got the EP45-DS5 based on Bindibadgi's recommendation, first one was RMA'd since the bios reset every second reboot. The replacement however kicks ass!

Cant recommend it enough!

11. gtiboy

gtiboy Minimodder

Well my budget will be around £1000 without the monitor. so i want something thats really fast. Was looking at the Q9550 processor as it has come down in price, with a top end graphics card.

I am just taking in everything into consideration to run Crysis at the best possible settings. I do alot of video encoding to, and I want it to do it as fast as possible. this way I know how powerful the system has to be.

The spec i was looking at is:

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo

Q9550 Processor

640Gb Seagate 32mb cache, 8ms HDD

Corsair HX620 PSU

as for memory any recommedations?

As for the EP45-DS5 board, I'll have look at that.

Tags: