bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 24th May 2009, 19:39   #41
ModMinded
Are you throwing that away?

ModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the DremelModMinded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macros_the_Black View Post

@ModMinded #1:
Actually, it was Oclocker that hatched the idea, I just happen to be the first to act on it..... a year later. <=) Thanks! ^_^

1) Good idea! Perhaps I should make a 'wall of fame' in a [ code ] box like this:
Code:
            Cheapskate         Dark~3nergy          Langer         notatoad
            Bindibadgi       overdosedelusion      The_Beast      jhanlon303
             Delphium           [OODBALL]          ModMinded
Perhaps I should only put ppl on the list who contribute with something that is actually added to the dictionary or help improve it in other ways (like ideas and such). I mean, you can't just post a link to any half ass picture. You must be able to recognize the tool on the picture _quickly_ while you scroll down the thread. Preferably with single color background and a easy to read silhouette. Also, it's good if the original pic is large enough to make it "zoom-able".
What do you all think about this??
I think those are good ideas!

Quote:
2) Hmm, yeah.. it might be cleaner with a separate drill bit section. If not, it will at least be easier to decide what goes into that section. Cause, a 'Drilling' section might include a mill and lathe as well... but I don't really want to place em in there with the drill bits, especially not if we will add mill bits and stuff like that later. So for simplicity I think I'll go with the separate drill bit section... or just put mills, lathes and their tooling into a 'Mills and lathes' section. Hehe, I sound really confused, don't I? That's why I need your help! <=)

3) As I have planned it now, the tools that can use guides should have such links posted after the tool description text (see Dremel or Jigsaw for example. Heh, the Jigsaw could use a better tool description. ).
What do you think about the current set up with;
1. tool name
2. names in other languages
3. picture
4. description text
5. links to usage guides and other useful information
Do you think we need a separate tools guide section?

Thanx for the Glass/tile Drill bit pic link!! =D

Hmm, too bad the image is so small. A close up of the point/tip of the drills would have been better. Thanx for the tip though, I'll try to find some plexi-point drill bit pics later.

@ModMinded #2:
That syringe/applicator would be great to show in a "usage guide"! ..or would it be better to have it as a tool under 'Glues and adhesives'?
Regardless of the original thinker, you made it happen (and are continuing to work on it!) So big props for that!

here's a good video of using the applicator for acrylic gluing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgDn...layer_embedded

i'll see if I can get some better pics for you.
Old 25th May 2009, 23:23   #42
[OODBALL]
What's a Dremel?

[OODBALL] has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
@[OODBALL]:
Thanx. I'm thinking about having the same pics for CNC mills and lathes both. Perhaps pics like these:

or perhaps go the hobby cnc way and use pics like this one:

Sometimes it's really hard for me to chose the right pic. What says 'CNC' to me, might not do the same for someone else.
What do you all think about this??

i wouldn´t have the same picture for both cnc mills and lathes, since its two diffrent machines
but i would go for the second picture (ill think thats a mill) or the "hobby" mill for mills.

For lathes i would go for something like this picture http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Draaibank.png.

I do also think that a "Digital caliper" is missing from this thread, I cant live without mine
skjutmått in swedish
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...aliperEuro.jpg

ps.
hope you can understand what i mean, im tired and at work.
[OODBALL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 07:51   #43
Delphium
Eyefinity enabled

Delphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
1) Will those pics be hosted for a very long time? (I've put all other pics in albums here on bit-tech, so as long as bit-tech is online the pics will be as well)

2) Do you have links to the original pics? I have made all other pics 'zoomable', thought I might do the same with these.
For as long as i can forsee, feel free to copy/rehost tho
orginals.. shoud have some floating about.
| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Dominator 16GB @1600mhz 8-8-8-24 2T Quad-Channel (8x2GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | All working on Win7 Ultimate x64 |
Delphium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2009, 17:20   #44
Macros_the_Black
Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Macros_the_Black has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I found a _really_ nice soldering video on youtube that I've added as link under Soldering iron. Here's the vid -> How and WHY to Solder Correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModMinded View Post
I think those are good ideas!

Regardless of the original thinker, you made it happen (and are continuing to work on it!) So big props for that!

here's a good video of using the applicator for acrylic gluing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgDn...layer_embedded

i'll see if I can get some better pics for you.
Then so it will be.

True, thanx. ^_^ Though, between work and other projects I don't have a lot of time and energy to work on this dictionary, but I promise to add some stuff now and then. <=)

Nice! Will include it as soon as we have a "Glues and adhesives" section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [OODBALL] View Post
i wouldn´t have the same picture for both cnc mills and lathes, since its two diffrent machines
but i would go for the second picture (ill think thats a mill) or the "hobby" mill for mills.

For lathes i would go for something like this picture http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Draaibank.png.

I do also think that a "Digital caliper" is missing from this thread, I cant live without mine
skjutmått in swedish
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...aliperEuro.jpg

ps.
hope you can understand what i mean, im tired and at work.
Yeah I know, but industrial size CNC mills/lathes basically look the same (lathes perhaps a bit longer and less tall), i.e. large box with a door(s), window(s) and a control panel... so I thought I could save some time and space bundling them together. I was thinking of having two-three pics and then text saying something like "CNC mills/lathes are computer controlled cousins to the manual mills/lathes. They are most often used in industrial manufacturing, but there are also smaller machines for hobby use."
Anyway, I've decided to keep them separate and include both hobby and industrial size pics for both mills and lathes.

Thanx for the pic link!! ^_^

DOH! How could I forget calipers!??!? It's one of the tools I use the most.
Nice close up pic! Thanx!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphium View Post
For as long as i can forsee, feel free to copy/rehost tho
orginals.. shoud have some floating about.
Ok, ok.
Would be really nice if you could post links to them!
Old 26th Jun 2009, 15:47   #45
Tynecider
Since ZX81

Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Drools, its like being in a snap on van!!!
Tynecider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2009, 15:22   #46
Ahadihunter1
Modder

Ahadihunter1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
thanks alo..these will help me.
Ahadihunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2009, 11:46   #47
Moyo2k
AMD Fanboy

Moyo2k has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoyo2k has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoyo2k has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoyo2k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Vice is spelt V, I, C, E... not Vise
Moyo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2009, 02:51   #48
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyo2k View Post
Vice is spelt V, I, C, E... not Vise
Actually, it's vise or vice. According to the Oxford dictionary, "vise" is the correct US spelling, but vice is used everywhere else.
Old 5th Sep 2009, 01:41   #49
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
When I get back to school next week I'll take a piccy of the school cnc machine and laser cnc.
Hell, I'll go and take pics of the welder and braziers.
The Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-501->Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2009, 22:01   #50
THP Dan
Minimodder

THP Dan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
a vertical belt sander?

they come in handy for cleaning up edges that you have just cut.
THP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2009, 02:15   #51
Interloper
Faux Pro Modder

Interloper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Some 3D printer info to add to the list. I have personally used one and let me tell you, the possibilities for custom parts is almost endless.

Direct from their website: http://www.zcorp.com/en/Products/3D-Printers/spage.aspx
The ZPrinter 310 Plus creates physical models directly from digital data in hours instead of days. It is fast, versatile and simple, allowing engineers to produce a range of concept models and functional test parts quickly and inexpensively. The system is ideal for an office environment or educational institution, providing product developers easy access to a 3D Printer.

Pic of the basic model they offer:

Example of what can be made.

Last edited by Interloper; 21st Jan 2010 at 03:47.
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 20:31   #52
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
The cnc is out for..something...but here are pics of the laser.

and a bigger photo(ignore the mess)
The Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-501->Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jan 2010, 03:11   #53
M.Ø.J
Getting there!

M.Ø.J has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is a very good idea for a thread. Is gonna be very helpful to me.
As soon as i got some pictures, i have a few machines and tools that i would really like to know what is named in English.
Good efford guys: thumb:

Edit: DAMN, seems like i misunderstood the use of the thread.
Thought it would also be used for peoples to post pictures in here, and someone would "maybe" be able to tell one the english term for that tool\ machine ! ?

Still a good idea thou.

Last edited by M.Ø.J; 21st Jan 2010 at 17:48.
M.Ø.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 13:55   #54
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Ø.J View Post
This is a very good idea for a thread. Is gonna be very helpful to me.
As soon as i got some pictures, i have a few machines and tools that i would really like to know what is named in English.
Good efford guys: thumb:

Edit: DAMN, seems like i misunderstood the use of the thread.
Thought it would also be used for peoples to post pictures in here, and someone would "maybe" be able to tell one the english term for that tool\ machine ! ?

Still a good idea thou.
You can/should still give it a try. Maybe start a new thread and link to it from here?

I for one would be willing to help you out to the best of my capacity.
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 15:04   #55
M.Ø.J
Getting there!

M.Ø.J has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
You can/should still give it a try. Maybe start a new thread and link to it from here?

I for one would be willing to help you out to the best of my capacity.
Thanks.
I already started a new thread. And peoples have been very kind and quick to reply to me.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=181987
Old 5th Mar 2010, 14:08   #56
Macros_the_Black

Hullo! It's been a long time since I've updated this thread. The reason is, I've joined the Dark Side (yup, got the promised cookie ^_^) and bought a Macbook Pro last summer (Please observe! Throwing / using hard objects at/on mac owners or otherwise hurting or abusing them, is forbidden in this thread! ), so I haven't been very active on the BT forum since then. But I'm not going to abandon this thread, I will update now and then.

Today I added calipers, planers (+ new category) and vertical belt sander.

I very much appreciate any help I can get!! Stuff that are helpful are for example:
- Links to good pictures of tools + the names. (see first post for details)
- Thumbnails (150px tall) of the tools.
- Names of the tools in other languages than english. See this post for an example!
- Descriptive text for the tools.
- Links to how-to's / guides / tips.
- Suggestions on how to make this dictionary better.
- Suggestions on tools / tool-like stuff to include in the future.

Together we can make this thread really useful, I can't do it on my own. <=)

[edit]
Added some swedish names to some of the tools.
[/edit]

Cheers
/Macros

Last edited by Macros_the_Black; 9th Mar 2010 at 11:50. Reason: added foreign names example link
Macros_the_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2010, 05:11   #57
sejutaluka
What's a Dremel?

sejutaluka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@Macros_the_Black : would you add some indonesian names to some tools for me?
sejutaluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2010, 15:09   #58
Macros_the_Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejutaluka View Post
@Macros_the_Black : would you add some indonesian names to some tools for me?
Sure, but someone whould have to supply me with indonesian names for the tools first as I don't know a word of indonesian my self. <=/
This is precisely the thing I'm asking for, names for the tools in other languages than english and swedish. It would vastly decrease the time it takes to find the right tool by allowing text searches. I guess it works as is, just saying it could be improved. =)
Old 29th Aug 2010, 14:36   #59
Blooddrunken
In Flames we Trust

Blooddrunken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi Macros,

please find below the german names for some of the tools.

Calipers - Schieblehre
Bending brake - Kantbank
Circle cutter - Kreisschneider
Drill press - Standbohrmaschine
Heat gun - Wärmepistole
Hole saw - Lochsäge
Hot glue gun - Heißklebepistole
Lathe - Drehbank
Mill - Fräse
Needle file - Nagelfeile
Riveter + rivet - (Pop)nietzange + (Pop)niete
Router - Oberfräse
Router table - Frästisch
Screw Driver Set - Schraubenzieher
Soldering iron / station - Lötstation
Step drill / Unibit drill - Stufenbohrer
Belt sander - Bandschleifer
Fret saw - Laubsäge
Jigsaw / Jig-saw - Stichsäge
Mitre saw - Kapp- und Gehrungssäge
Scroll saw / (fret saw) - Bandsäge / Dekupiersäge
Tap - Gewindeschneider
Blooddrunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2010, 19:18   #60
Macros_the_Black

@Blooddrunken: Awesomeness!!! Thank you so much!!! *bowing deeply* +1 rep
Nice project btw (Jestercon), looking good!

Tags
dictionary, tools

View Mode