bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 30th Jul 2009, 08:08   #161
Metric
has a bazooka

Metric has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Atad: Very nice and welcome to the Bit-Tech forums . The only real critique is that I have is that the chess pieces could use some smoothing, as I can see the individual faces. I checked out what Hypershot was, looks really interesting as a RT raytracing engine.

Current WIP, Nvidia SLI Bridge connector (Measured by hand with calipers):

Metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2009, 14:44   #162
Atad
What's a Dremel?

Atad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Thanks Metric, I did as you suggested.
Since this is a techno-modding site, I put a fantasy solid state disc in the scene.
Yes, Hypershot is nice and easy to use and compared to f.e. Podium it has the advantage of doing caustics very nice.
But as with all renders, none of them is perfect. Hope to get back with some more PC components rendering.

Last edited by Atad; 31st Jul 2009 at 16:05.
Atad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2009, 14:55   #163
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atad View Post
But as with all renders, none of them is perfect.
You'd be fooled!

look here

i7 930, GA-X58-USB3, 12GB Kingston, GTX980, 240GB Cruical SSD, 1Tb Seagate, WC
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2009, 15:40   #164
Atad
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout21 View Post
You'd be fooled!

look here
Very nice indeed, but I see no F-stopp
Old 1st Aug 2009, 00:29   #165
Bufo802
Supermodder

Bufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run Crysis
Does anyone know where I can find detailed dimensions of computer parts such as cases and waterblocks, want to practice my solidworks but can't find decent things to work from.

I am especially interested in the silverstone sugo-03 if anyone knows where I could find enough information to make a good model.

Thanks for any help.
Bufo802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2009, 14:48   #166
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I'm not sure, most people work from actual parts that they own. Others use photos and work out the scale, but for the sake of people who might want to use you model, I wouldn't suggest it.

If you have SU, try opening a model from the SCC and recreating it in Solidworks. The dimensions will be in the model you downloaded.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2009, 15:58   #167
Bufo802
Supermodder

Bufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run CrysisBufo802 can run Crysis
Will try that first and see how it goes, will hopefully be able to produce some photoworks renders in the coming week.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 17:39   #168
Bufo802
Supermodder

First attempt at rendering with photoworks, not sure how to improve the quality as this is supposedly the max setting (it only took 10mins or so to render on my laptop).

The design is from some tutorials I was doing but hopefully will be able to show some of my own model designs later this week.

Old 3rd Aug 2009, 19:04   #169
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is why myself and metric, plus a few others use maxwell render, photoworks is ok for quick renders for getting a concept across at meetings. But for advertising it would have been exported from solidworks as an .stl file into something like 3D studio Max, so materials could be applied and rendered out in V-Ray, but that is alot of hassle and not to cost effective for a buisness.

Now go 'find' maxwell render!

Old 3rd Aug 2009, 19:40   #170
Bufo802
Supermodder

I've found the demo version of maxwell render, does it limit you that much, and would it be better than photoworks? The only thing I can see if that it limits renders to 800*600 and watermarks them, but not sure how intrusive this would be.

If not would it ever be possible for me to get someone here to render a model if I provided the solidworks file?
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 20:13   #171
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufo802 View Post
I've found the demo version of maxwell render, does it limit you that much, and would it be better than photoworks? The only thing I can see if that it limits renders to 800*600 and watermarks them, but not sure how intrusive this would be.

If not would it ever be possible for me to get someone here to render a model if I provided the solidworks file?
Yeah im sure me or metric would render them.

Old 3rd Aug 2009, 22:07   #172
Bufo802
Supermodder

First part and render done without instructions, dimensions based off of scooby's sketchup model:

Thread took me ages to make till I found a very good video tutorial http://www.solidworker.com/167/threads-on-a-shaft-and-cosmetic-threads/ .

The render isn't very good and I haven't been able to orientate the part to the floor as I wanted but the model is pretty good and as accurate as I could make it to the sketchup model.

Will try and use this barb in making a reservoir next, does anyone know how you can make it look like it has water in it, like metric's previous ones?

Last edited by Bufo802; 3rd Aug 2009 at 22:13.
Old 4th Aug 2009, 00:31   #173
Metric
has a bazooka

Burnout21: Yep, if anyone needs something rendered in Maxwell (Rhino 4 can take nearly any file format) I'll try to get some time in this week (Work and school every other day :/).

Bufo802: Thanks for the video and nice job with the barb (It's still missing a few features, but great job for your first part)! I was having a huge headache last weekend trying to create some accurate G1/4 threads, that video cleared up a lot of confusion for me.

In somewhat related news, after watching that video, I officially hacked my 8800GTX into a Quadro FX4600 .
Old 4th Aug 2009, 05:12   #174
Javerh
Topiary Golem

Javerh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaverh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Aww! Nothing new there. Btw, don't ever try to sweep a left-hand-thread and a right-hand-thread on top of eachother. The number of new faces made my workstation crash like crazy.
Modders make project logs. Project logs make mods. Mods make modders.
Javerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2009, 08:26   #175
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
Burnout21: Yep, if anyone needs something rendered in Maxwell (Rhino 4 can take nearly any file format) I'll try to get some time in this week (Work and school every other day :/).

Bufo802: Thanks for the video and nice job with the barb (It's still missing a few features, but great job for your first part)! I was having a huge headache last weekend trying to create some accurate G1/4 threads, that video cleared up a lot of confusion for me.

In somewhat related news, after watching that video, I officially hacked my 8800GTX into a Quadro FX4600 .
Has the 8800GTX enabled you to installthe quadro driver and enable realview mode in solidworks, if so ebay here i comes!

My Quadro FX3450 works well, but lags a little now and then. My master rendering node, is in need of a new graphics card as the geforce 2 cant handle 32-bit colours @ 1280x1024 lol. Certainly interesting.

Old 4th Aug 2009, 08:40   #176
Metric
has a bazooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout21 View Post
Has the 8800GTX enabled you to installthe quadro driver and enable realview mode in solidworks, if so ebay here i comes!
Yep, downloaded Riva Runer and SoftQuadro and editted the ROM section so it reports as a FX4600. Downloaded the Quadro drivers off of Nvidia, uninstalled my old GeForce and was able to install the new ones. Getting much better OpenGL performance in SW and Rhino + RealView now works
Old 4th Aug 2009, 10:35   #177
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Its all about realview dude, you couldn't go back to not having it.

Old 4th Aug 2009, 14:43   #178
Moyo2k
AMD Fanboy

Moyo2k has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoyo2k has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoyo2k has yet to learn the way of the DremelMoyo2k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This ought to be sticky by now?
Moyo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2009, 16:32   #179
Atad
What's a Dremel?

You will find lots of models her
But no dimensions, just 3d models.
Old 4th Aug 2009, 18:21   #180
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Atad, what do you mean? How can a 3D model not have some kind of dimensions?
I think you should go through the tutorials.

View Mode