bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 27th Oct 2014, 17:49   #21
ALS
Multimodder

ALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thanks
---
I want to add some small devices, that I've done lately.

4-nixie indicator, can display CPU/GPU/RAM loading, net traffic, temperatures, voltages and other PC-parameters from AIDA64. On-board clock and one-channel "hardware" voltmeter 0...15v are present.

---
HDD activity indicator with Soviet dekatron OG-4

---
Different USB flash drives with the real neon lamps :

Last edited by ALS; 29th Oct 2014 at 11:59.
ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2014, 18:23   #22
Big_malc
I *am* a Dremel

Big_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming Saiyan
When is the e shop opening for the usb sticks and HDD activity indicator

really nice work man
Only I will remain
Big_malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2014, 18:43   #23
ALS
Multimodder

ALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming SaiyanALS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I sell them to Russian modders and steampunkers. Can send to any other country.
Old 27th Oct 2014, 22:04   #24
Waynio
Relaxing

Waynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming SaiyanWaynio is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very awesome.
Old 28th Oct 2014, 21:44   #25
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Thanks
---
I want to add some small devices, that I've done lately.

4-nixie indicator, can display CPU/GPU/RAM loading, net traffic, temperatures, voltages and other PC-parameters from AIDA64 :

---
HDD activity indicator with Soviet dekatron OG-4

OMG you've been reading my mind.

I need to talk to you about how you got AIDA64 to talk to the nixie indicator! What solution did you use?

I am planning to use a 4-tube nixie indicator in my project here: three IN-14 number tunes and one IN-19 symbol tube. The idea was that it will display temperatures, fan speeds (in 0-100% of RPM) and water flow (themflow sensor works much the same as a fan RPM sensor). I was thinking of using an Arduino to drive the nixie tubes, which gets its PC values via LCDSmartie from Speedfan. But your solution sounds better.

Please tell me how you're doing that!

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2014, 22:22   #26
ALS
Multimodder

I wrote launcher for AIDA, which "grab" all parameters of PC from this program and send them to displays via USB-UART converter (or RS232).
Each display have an ID (0...255 15) and receive only his information.

Last edited by ALS; 29th Oct 2014 at 09:49.
Old 28th Oct 2014, 22:38   #27
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You are a code genius! Could that launcher be adapted to send values to an Arduino? The idea is that the arduino drives the nixie display, and chooses the value to pass on to it either by pressing a select button on the Arduino, or it cycles through the values periodically.

Old 28th Oct 2014, 22:51   #28
ALS
Multimodder

Yes, I can change the protocol of my software, but I don't know, which protocol used Arduino...

Last edited by ALS; 29th Oct 2014 at 00:05.
Old 29th Oct 2014, 08:52   #29
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

I think that you can just send the Arduino values over the COM port (it connects to the PC via serial USB-UART) using SoftwareSerial protocol. I suspect that your program will work fine as it is. I just need to write some code for the Arduino to parse the data.

Last edited by Nexxo; 29th Oct 2014 at 09:36.
Old 29th Oct 2014, 09:43   #30
ALS
Multimodder

But this isn't protocol. This is SoftwareSerial Library

One of the "my" protocol (more simple) is :
Total 5 bytes, which send to display every 1sec in format 9600-8-N-1.
1st byte - preamble : high nibble - 0x0F in hex code, low nibble - ID (0...15)
2-5 bytes - digits
high bit in 3-rd byte - dot ON/OFF

PS
And, sorry, I don't know how to write sketches for Arduino.

Last edited by ALS; 29th Oct 2014 at 09:55.
Old 29th Oct 2014, 11:23   #31
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

As you can tell, I'm not a very accomplished coder...

I see what you mean now. Your protocol looks very clean and straightforward --perfect for what I need. I can write an Arduino sketch to parse for data preceded by a 0x0F value plus specified ID, and pass that data on to the nixie circuit in the appropriate format. So your program does not need any modification at all; I just need to write a sketch that can read it correcly.

Unless you can make your program work with Speedfan... But I'll take what I can get.

Could I be so bold and ask to purchase a copy of your program?

Old 29th Oct 2014, 11:55   #32
ALS
Multimodder

Yes, I wrote in PM.
Old 3rd Nov 2014, 18:43   #33
ALS
Multimodder

Two more 'tiny" things : 4-digit nixie modules for small (wrist) watch. :
Supply by Li-Ion accumulator, power consumption 5-6uA (idle) and 50-60mA (lamps are ON).

With Soviet lamps IN-16, dimentions 57х48х15mm :

With Z5900M by RFT Germany, dimentions 52х40х15mm :

---
Works by Russian steampunker Wall-ery with this modules :
http://steampunker.ru/blog/11158.html
http://steampunker.ru/blog/11448.html

Old 3rd Nov 2014, 21:34   #34
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Steampunk rocks.

Old 20th Nov 2014, 23:44   #35
ALS
Multimodder

USB flash drive with LEDs and micro stepper motor.
More pictures - http://www.tehnari.ru/f151/t99589/

Old 21st Nov 2014, 08:06   #36
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Omg, I thought pr0n was filtered. I need a vintage / steampunk filter .

Great job dude, keep us dreaming please.
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2014, 23:25   #37
ALS
Multimodder

Old 16th Jan 2015, 22:33   #38
ALS
Multimodder

Stepper motor + 4 neon lamps.
Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxphdUGf1MI

Last edited by ALS; 10th Dec 2016 at 23:56.
Old 24th Jan 2015, 22:48   #39
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Tutorials, please? PRETTY PLEASE?