bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 3rd Aug 2016, 01:38   #81
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thanks. Just debating whether or not to get one.

I don't need one, but I'd like to have a play around.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|GTX 980|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 04:26   #82
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i have a non ventilated enclosure, although its more for noise levels than anything else

my main problem is that now i switched from one roll of cheapo PLA to a Hatchbox PLA roll, i cant seem to print anything other than a spaghetti monster, i have tried re-levelling the bed although its not the easiest job in the world, re-applying Pritt stick

will have another look in the morning when i am less-tired, will completly re-calibrate the bed ( my moving all the screws down to max then bringing them back up, and i might try lifting the print temp up a little, ( printing at 190, when the temp on the spool says 190-220 )

http://www.3dprima.com/en/accessorie...grade-kit.html

Picking up this Come payday, should solve some of my levelling issues, mainly that wing nuts were obviously designed by a sadist
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 08:22   #83
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgoth89 View Post
wing nuts were obviously designed by a sadist
I feel your pain, so much so that one of the first things I printed were thumbwheel knobs to replace them.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 11:55   #84
Snubbs
CustomPC Migration victim....

Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Snubbs is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
.... since PLA is similar to sugar ( and indeed alot of PLA is made from Sugarcane ) then it can have a sweet smell to it
Really? I've found my PLA smells a bit like someone is smoking a bit of weed during printing... my friends have also said the same!

I tried some ninjaflex last night, but it seems to jam either in my hot-end of etruder - I suspect I need to raise the bed offset so there isn't as much resistance from the bed. Wondered if anyone on here had any experience and tips with Ninjaflex?

I've got a similar Hictop i3 to BLC
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 11:55   #85
VipersGratitude
Mod Master

VipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Actually quite pleased with how the test print turned out...There is a split were I left the room to make coffee, not noticing the filament and managed to get stuck on the frame, so a few layers didn't get enough plastic...but other than that the shape is almost flawless

EDIT: Print #2

Last edited by VipersGratitude; 3rd Aug 2016 at 14:31.
VipersGratitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2016, 21:43   #86
VipersGratitude
Mod Master

VipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Anyone used Repetier Server?
I'm running it on a Pi3 and having nothing but trouble. It seems to be the server itself just unresponsive...that's the best description I can give. The network connection seems to be fine (I can fire up a vnc server with zero issues or lag). It doesn't seem to be high on resources, and there's nothing in the logs.

Screw it...can anyone suggest an alternative to Repetier Server?
Old 9th Aug 2016, 03:58   #87
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
omg i just installed some M3 locknuts on the underside of the heated bed

and its helps SO DAMNED MUCH with the bed levelling process ( because it stops the bolt from spinning as you move the wingnut, which i still have as my thumbwheels are shipping from CHINA ( teach me not to read the amazon page before clicking 'buy'

plan to troubleshoot the printer over this week, then start printing again
Old 1st Sep 2016, 10:43   #88
Goatee
Hypermodder

Goatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just received some Amazon vouchers from work. I fancy treating myself to a 3d printer.

I have a budget of up to £500 but seems there are a grouping of printers (i3 clones) around the £250-300 mark so might just try one of those.

Prusa i3 3D Printer Kit - Linky

HICTOP Upgraded Reprap Prusa I3 - Linky

Wanhao i3 V2 Duplicator 3D-Printer - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanhao-i3-V...eywords=wanhao

I like the metal frame of the Wanhao, but I think the Prusa i3 might be upgradable in the future with the M2 kit that's just been released. - its not compatable

Anyone got any advice? I'm leaning towards the Wanhao i3.

Last edited by Goatee; 1st Sep 2016 at 12:47.
Goatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2016, 12:32   #89
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hi Guys.

I need a small part printing and as yet I do not have access to a 3D printer.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1056308

Would anyone be willing to help me out and get it printed for me Please, I would of course be willing to cover shipping and costs for the piece.

Thanks
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2016, 12:35   #90
jinq-sea
The Double Insulates

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I could probably run that off for you! How urgent is the request?

small(ish): i7-5960X / X99E-ITX/AC - Bitspower Block / 32Gb Ballistix / Titan X (P) / 512Gb Samsung 950 Pro NVMe / 250D
tiny: i7-4790K / Max VII Impact - EK Monoblock / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA Titan X (M) HC / 256Gb SM951 NVMe / nCase M1
htpc/vr: i7-6700K / Z170i / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA 1080 Founders Edition / 128Gb SM951 NVMe & Sandisk 960Gb SSD / RVZ01
jinq-sea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2016, 13:07   #91
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinq-sea View Post
I could probably run that off for you! How urgent is the request?
Nothing majorly urgent

waiting for parts to arrive for the rest of the upgrades im doing to that box so next weekend is when im expecting to do the work i need to
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
Old 1st Sep 2016, 14:37   #92
jinq-sea
The Double Insulates

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'll see what I can do for you this weekend

small(ish): i7-5960X / X99E-ITX/AC - Bitspower Block / 32Gb Ballistix / Titan X (P) / 512Gb Samsung 950 Pro NVMe / 250D
tiny: i7-4790K / Max VII Impact - EK Monoblock / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA Titan X (M) HC / 256Gb SM951 NVMe / nCase M1
htpc/vr: i7-6700K / Z170i / 16Gb Ballistix / EVGA 1080 Founders Edition / 128Gb SM951 NVMe & Sandisk 960Gb SSD / RVZ01
Old 1st Sep 2016, 15:17   #93
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

Cheers mate.
Old 1st Sep 2016, 15:33   #94
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatee View Post
Just received some Amazon vouchers from work. I fancy treating myself to a 3d printer.

I have a budget of up to £500 but seems there are a grouping of printers (i3 clones) around the £250-300 mark so might just try one of those.

Prusa i3 3D Printer Kit - Linky

HICTOP Upgraded Reprap Prusa I3 - Linky

Wanhao i3 V2 Duplicator 3D-Printer - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanhao-i3-V...eywords=wanhao

I like the metal frame of the Wanhao, but I think the Prusa i3 might be upgradable in the future with the M2 kit that's just been released. - its not compatable

Anyone got any advice? I'm leaning towards the Wanhao i3.

i picked up the I3 after reading a few few recommendations for it, and it seems an excellent printer for its price, the Main plus in my eyes was that it comes almost fully assembled, rather than a kit so the 'calibration phase' doesnt take anywhere near as long as other printers.
That being said there are a couple of issue's
the bed leveling screws are not secured to the bed and can rotate during bed leveling, i fixed this with a pack of Nylock nuts for the screws ( see my pic above )
it also uses wingnuts to level the bed ( and wingnuts were desinged by a sadist)
The fans are also rather noisy ( a common complaint with cheaper 3d printers )

most of these are easy fix's there are printable thumbscrews, the fans are easy replaceable and the nylock nut fix is a fantastic to secure the bed screws
Old 1st Sep 2016, 16:14   #95
Goatee
Hypermodder

Goatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming SaiyanGoatee is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
i picked up the I3 after reading a few few recommendations for it, and it seems an excellent printer for its price, the Main plus in my eyes was that it comes almost fully assembled, rather than a kit so the 'calibration phase' doesnt take anywhere near as long as other printers.
That being said there are a couple of issue's
the bed leveling screws are not secured to the bed and can rotate during bed leveling, i fixed this with a pack of Nylock nuts for the screws ( see my pic above )
it also uses wingnuts to level the bed ( and wingnuts were desinged by a sadist)
The fans are also rather noisy ( a common complaint with cheaper 3d printers )

most of these are easy fix's there are printable thumbscrews, the fans are easy replaceable and the nylock nut fix is a fantastic to secure the bed screws
I went for the Wanhao i3 V2.1, should arrive tomorrow so can have a play over the weekend.
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 20:57   #96
Goatee
Hypermodder

All set up and got about 30% into a default print (I think an OK hand) before I needed to put nipper to bed.

Was really easy to setup, and bed calibration was pretty easy too.

Will retry tomorrow. Consider me impressed.
Old 5th Sep 2016, 14:05   #97
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Can't afford a 3D printer but I do need something printing, if one of you good chaps is willing?

In black, if possible. Obviously, I'm willing to cough up some cash for your time and trouble.

Thingiverse link

I'm not even sure if it is possible, given the considerable overhang underneath. I think the three other designs screw to together to produce an updated, but easier to print, bracket.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|GTX 980|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0

Last edited by David; 5th Sep 2016 at 14:11.
Old 5th Sep 2016, 14:25   #98
jinq-sea
The Double Insulates

Could it be done end on, Dave? I'm on my 'phone at the moment so can't view it propa

Old 5th Sep 2016, 14:42   #99
David
RIP Tel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinq-sea View Post
Could it be done end on, Dave? I'm on my 'phone at the moment so can't view it propa
You're still going to have overhangs, I think.

The more I look at it, the more I think it would make more sense to print the three separate pieces in the updated design and screw them together.

Old 6th Sep 2016, 21:46   #100
Goatee
Hypermodder

My IKEA cabinet is now complete. I am just trying to decide on where I put the controller, I think it will go on a shelf below, but I am a bit undecided.

Also finished my first OK print.

View Mode