bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 19th Dec 2003, 19:46   #81
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Links Broke. Modells Removes. Hopefully post will get deleted.

Last edited by Tulatin; 6th Nov 2004 at 19:08.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2003, 20:27   #82
El Nosba
Multimodder

El Nosba has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
tubing and stuff is fairly easy to do... its just really annoying to connect all the lines and stuff, and there would be no standard, it would be a case by case ( lol no pun intended ) basis

i could ( or ouija could, im sure he knows how to as well ) put up a thing explaining how to do tubing in sketchup if need be
El Nosba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2003, 20:29   #83
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Please do dude! I'd like to start work on rads. Also, i just finished a ccfl. (up with a rad later)
Old 20th Dec 2003, 00:01   #84
ishiii
Minimodder

ishiii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
cool
ishiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Dec 2003, 13:21   #85
RobbieGSM
Banned

RobbieGSM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
how dou guys do all this!!! do u take a pic of the pices and import it or what i would love to make a case or somthing!
RobbieGSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Dec 2003, 13:47   #86
El Nosba
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally posted by RobbieGSM
how dou guys do all this!!! do u take a pic of the pices and import it or what i would love to make a case or somthing!
well, when i design a mobo, my first main objective is to find a top view of the mobo that i wanna make in sketchup, that comes first and fore-most then i tryand find any and every available view i can of it, once i do that im pretty much set, i just photochop the top view of the mobo and get rid of any and every bit of white space surrounding it, then i get the basic outter dimensions of it, make a rectangle corrisponding to the size of the mobo in sketchup and insert the top view of the pic and scale the picture to the rectangle i just made and line it up with the mobo on the picture ( taking in careful consideration that there is perspective in the mobo pic, and lining it up as best i can, then its just as easy as inserting components i have onto the rectangle surface ( meaning every non-proprietary piece IE: the pci slots, agp slot, dimm slots, the ports, ect ect...... then i hide them, cause there done and its a real pain to work and model efficiently with them being there ) then i call out any and every IC, and capacitor i can see in the pics i have, once thats done, i push/pull the ICs to proper hieght, then i design any custom pieces that may be on the mobo, that i dont have componented in my library, then i push/pull the capacitors, finally i color everything i can see, the i set it to show hidden geometry and i color everything else and as i color somethin ill unhide it so i know wat pieces ive done and what else needs too be colored.

lol sorry for the one big sentence, but thats how i do it

of course taking breaks before any part of designing something thats custom on the board becuase it usually takes awhile before getting it the way i want it and im pretty anal so ill make sure it gets done before i do anything else~

*edit* i know im kinda late on the tubing thing BUT its kinda hard to articulate it into works and ive never been good at teaching people how to do somethin, but im thinkin on how to best represent on how i do it in pictures, so it is comin

Last edited by El Nosba; 20th Dec 2003 at 14:13.
Old 20th Dec 2003, 14:40   #87
ouija
Trust me, I am doctor!

ouija has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To make a tube, simply draw a circle and offset the face to your desired wall thickness. Use push/pull to extend the outer ring and the inner section can be deleted. Curved sections are more difficult and my chamfer tutorial should help. For simple 45 or 90 degree turns, just overlap two tubes and trace the join line, removing the excess tubing.

[edit] I was considering making a tubing section collection for joining together for any application. We'll just have to wait and see
ouija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Dec 2003, 15:56   #88
ouija
Trust me, I am doctor!

3D Bit-Tech logo

Old 20th Dec 2003, 16:53   #89
Sc0rian
Here comes the farmer

Sc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run Crysis
Sweet man:P
Old 20th Dec 2003, 22:29   #90
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

For modding/making., have an idea of what you want in your head, pick a view, then begin to replicate it. For accuraccy, use photos, dimensions - whatever is handy.
Old 20th Dec 2003, 23:47   #91
ouija
Trust me, I am doctor!

Robbie, the majority of my models have been measured and accurately modelled to scale. Other items like the swiftech northbridge block, I took the dimensions from the swiftech website and used images of the block for fine detail.
Old 21st Dec 2003, 03:22   #92
Morphine
weeee!

Morphine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally posted by ouija
I reckon a site with a database with all the items, subcategorised, and an admin section for adding/removing/editing models would be the business

once i get my server up I wouldnt mind hosting this. Was gonna use something like php nuke or some other content management system for news and whatnot, and they always come with a download section with admin and upload and preview pics and whatnot.

Found a bigger money pit than PCs. My Tibby!
Morphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2003, 14:23   #93
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyan
that'd be great! let us know when you can help us out.
Old 21st Dec 2003, 14:28   #94
ouija
Trust me, I am doctor!

I might take the time to learn php properly so if I do make a website for my models, at least it will be half decent
Old 21st Dec 2003, 14:32   #95
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally posted by ouija I might take the time to learn php properly...
me too, i really ought, i am in my final year of computer science!
Old 21st Dec 2003, 14:38   #96
El Nosba
Multimodder

Quote:
I might take the time to learn php properly so if I do make a website for my models, at least it will be half decent
that was so a shot at me
Old 21st Dec 2003, 14:41   #97
ouija
Trust me, I am doctor!

It was actually a shot at my earlier attempts at php
Old 21st Dec 2003, 14:43   #98
El Nosba
Multimodder

Quote:
It was actually a shot at my earlier attempts at php
meh, either way it was just a joke
Old 21st Dec 2003, 17:46   #99
NiHiLiST
New-born car whore

NiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run CrysisNiHiLiST can run Crysis
I was bored so I thought I'd do a quick little model of the Thermalright SLK-600 I had lying around. I would've done the larger SLK-800 but that's busy cooling my CPU at the moment

Thermalright SLK-600

It's pretty accurate but not perfect since I was using a 99p plastic Helix ruler to do the measuring The number of fins etc is right and most of the dimensions are correct to within about 0.25mm as best I can judge it.

I might do the clip another time but it won't be easy since I'm a total beginner at this.
Old 21st Dec 2003, 22:03   #100
RobbieGSM
Banned

RobbieGSM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@ very cooll i like it,

so i take it i need to get meruments of what ever i make if so were do i put them in?
RobbieGSM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
components, scc, sketchup

View Mode