1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty series tops $10B

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 21 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Modern warfare or COD 4 as we call it, is still the daddy.
    I personally think the inclusion of the jetpacks has reduced the appeal of the game.
    And...yes i am still playing it, so it must have something.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Agreed, I enjoyed MW2 the most, was too OTT perks and all the other things, haven't bought a COD game since then, been given or borrowed others and end up usually glad I never paid

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I've owned every CoD since Modern Warfare, apart from 5, and I think they're much of a muchness. The inclusion of jetpacks sucks, but there are a few classic playlists which are more to my taste.

Out of all of them, I would have to say that MW2 and MW3 were by far my most favourite and well played games in the series. If I didn't hit at least a Pavelow on MW3 every match, I was having an off day. 30/5 K/D was about average for me. I didn't play CoD 4 that much as I was more into Halo at the time.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

COD4 is the reason the franchise has so many titles that I lost count.

Kind of a shame this franchise is what people care about so much. The games aren't poorly made and they are admittedly fun, but aside from COD4, nearly all of the games were/are unoriginal even at launch. Even Advanced Warfare is pretty unoriginal - it's taking features from games like Unreal Tournament.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Is this $10bn turned into flashy toilet paper for the bogs at Activision cos there is little evidence of it being spent on new games. If it isn't another COD its some terrible movie or tv licence. They're just like Ocean was in the '80s and '90s.

7. dstarr3

dstarr3 What's a Dremel?

$10,000,000,000 that demonstrates people will buy the same garbage, for a lot of money, over and over again.

8. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

It was also the last COD game where PC gamers could run their own dedicated community servers. Letting the community run their own servers is the exact reason that after well over a decade, Unreal Tournament is still playable.

9. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

Agreed, I had lent my copy of UT2004 out and am unlikely to get it back, so bought the game for £1.50 from GOG. There're still many servers out there serving up all sorts of game types. Mostly Onslaught though. :)