1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox Live potentially hit by DDoS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Dec 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

this is why hackers get no sympathy when caught, they just piss off users of said platforms

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

The friends servers went offline for a few minutes last night at around 1 AM. I wasn't around at 5.30 PM, but my brother was. He didn't get any sort of outage. Perhaps he was on a different bank of servers. I know my profile is kept on a different server to his as we don't always get the same errors/connectivity problems.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I really don't understand the point of this hacking. Many hackers who did something malicious did it for a good reason. Not usually a great reason, just a good one.

This "Lizard Squad" is just annoying everyone though, both the customers and the companies. The hackers themselves gain very little out of it because after they bring down something like Xbox Live, then what? Even if they could give out their names saying "I was the mastermind behind this", nobody would appreciate it.

There are hackers out there who do things for the good of the people, and then there's idiots like this that put a stigma to the term.

@TheMadDutchDude
    Different time zone?

5. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

haha sad folks, ZOMG I won't be able to play xbox until MS fix the issue, so bothered, yawn, zzzzzzzzzz

andrew8200m likes this.
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I don't use xbox, but seeing as most games are forcibly tied to the internet/Live, this is actually a legitimate issue for them. Of course, you could argue that they just simply not play the games, but unlike other services, XBL is a paid service, so it's a greater issue.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

These hacks are happening more and more in recent months. WOW servers, League of legends servers, Sony Servers and MS Servers have all suffered some sort of outage. Dout its all by the same people. They are just annoying users of said platform at the moment though.

8. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

The long and short of it is that as a race we are becoming more disrespectful and inconsiderate and the internet has paved way for this. Religion historically has the same sort of discriminatory and superiority complex issues about it too so perhaps hackers some how believe what they are doing here falls on the same level as righteousness as religious preachers trying to brainwash others into changing their belief. (or likely they are just twits with nothing better to do.. who uses twitter to say what they have done.. come on really?!

There will be a bunch of pretentious twits somewhere high fiving, talking in dope geek slang, reliving their moment of awesomeness with a select few other twits and the rest of the outside world wont even care less.

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

This is why one day we won't be allowed nice things.

10. Niftyrat

Niftyrat Dremel overpriced like EA games

amusingly my xbox live was flaky all last week and was fine yesterday.

11. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Mine has been flaky for weeks. The friends list and party chat usually go offline for a while.

@schmidtbag, same time zone, same Internet connection. He's in the room next to mine. The only thing I can think of is that my account was created a few months before his as I got my 360 before he did.

12. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

DDOS is considered hacking? LOL

13. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

Were I ever given a chance, I'd personally beat the **** out of every little **** who has ever done this.

Seriously **** these guys.

14. Troglodyte

Troglodyte What's a Dremel?

These guys will get taken down pretty soon . Look at Anonymous . If you start to rattle the bigger companies it usually happens pretty quick.