1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Your Oppinions; Call Of Duty For PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Noxious., 17 Dec 2003.

1. Noxious.

Noxious. What's a Dremel?

I just got Call Of Duty for my very good PC,
    i found after playing it for a few minuits that this the best WW2 war game ever! even better that Medal of Honar, i herd that a few of the people that made the game are from the Medal of Honar team, dont know if thats true or not.

The online capabilitys with Broadband are amazing, with team deathmach its crazy, grenades exploding around you, bullets flying everywhere, ITS MAD!
    althaugh it doesent quite compair with Black Hawk Down onlne its still an amazing game :D

2. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

yeah its very good game wish it played a bit better on my pc. when my 256mb ram comes tomorrow i will have 512mb of ram do you think it wil run beter?

3. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Yep I used to have 256mb on Unreal II which used to page swap and make playing jerky on occassions but when I swapped it out for 512mb the game ran smoothly. So for COD it will help too.

4. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

thats nice cool so i will have ram tomorrow i hope that guy sent it recorded today what u think tomorrow or friday?

5. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

I think this is the first game I've played where once I've completed it, I want to play it again! Thought it was a bit quirky at first as it just seemed like MOH but with the aiming style pinched from Vietcong, but after a while I couldn't stop playing it. A great game.

Noxious, its developed by half of the team that did MOH and uses the same engine. Which is why it feels very similar.

6. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

IMO its just as linear if not more so than Medal Of Honour. I enjoyed parts of it but don't really see what all the fuss was about...
    The driving section near the start, although kind of amusing, would have been far more fun had you got to choose wether you got to drive or not...

And why can I not open or close any doors? Even Doom allowed me to do that!

Battlefield 1942 owns it....

Quality sound and animation though...

Its to be bundled with the latest Nvidia card though, which is certainly not a bad freebie :)

7. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

IMO it's like an overhyped MOH expansion with boring repetitive linear gameplay and relatively lousy performance on high end radeons. I wasn't very impressed by it at all. Bf42 still owns it, and i haven't bothered to play vanilla bf anymore for like 10 months. it's just another boring FPS to me. And the fact that you can get ET for free just makes teh multiplayer that much more worthless.

8. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

It's a pretty good game but it's FAR too easy and the ending is totally crap.

Showing soldiers in a side view leaping over walls and stuff with credits... :confused:

9. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

Actually I thought that was pretty funny... Reminded me of the Metal Slug games.

Not much point in having some dramatic ending as everyone knows how the war ended...

10. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

only played the demo but it was nice. :thumb:

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

A very good single player experience, but a game that is worth the price for its superior online modes.

12. El Nosba

El Nosba What's a Dremel?

i dont understand why they dont make games of this quality with direct ip co-op.... the game would be perfect if it had it :grr:

13. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

i believe that it was made by a group of people who did work on MOH...hence why this game rocks!

14. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

Amen to that.
    I remember when i played serious sam through with some friends on LAN a couple of years back. It was the same experience as in single player, only more fun. Baldurs gate can also be played through on LAN in the same manner... Games are just so much cooler when you play them through with a friend or two.

15. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Bought it, the sound doesn't work. Looked at their support page, nothing works. Did everything I could, still no sound. I didn't get past training (subtitles didn't work either :grr: ). It's just sitting on my shelf now. I'm sure I'll end up microwaving it for fun one of these days.

16. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

:( sucks for you
    CoD won GOTY for Pc Action :)

17. tamffc

tamffc What's a Dremel?

pegasus bridge is one of the most manic levels in any game ive ever played.i was physically worn out by the end of the level
    superb game, very realistic.

18. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

oh god damn yea, that level was tough :\

19. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

It wasnt too bad. The single player was a bit too quick for me :( I dont like the online play that much either.

But it is fun to go back and play the pegasus bridge (ive seen it :D ) or the one where u have to protect the house, the most grueling level i must say :eeek:

Tags: