1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Chilled PC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kelvinb, 14 Dec 2012.

1. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

Hi all,

I not sure if this is in the right place and I apologize if it is. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with a Chilled PC.

The reasoning behind this is I agreed to have some work done with them (window cut and etch) I explained that the project was for my daughters Xmas. I have emailed him a few times he said last week that it should be ready this weekend but I have emailed again to confirm if I can pick it up a few times this week but doesn't seem to be prompt in answer emails or even returning some of them. I cant find a telephone number and I'm getting worried by daughter will now be without her Xmas present

Many thanks all:(

2. WALKYRIE

WALKYRIE What's a Dremel?

I bought a few times from Chilled PC in the past, fans backplates thermal pads and other items, everything was always OK perfect, never a problem, but in the recent years this online shop look a bit abandoned with permanently out of stock items, I think the water cooling business is much more limited than the popular air-cooling, and there are many specific water-cooling shops online.

3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Teelzebub likes this.
  4. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

OK so a bit of an update,

It seems that he has completed the CNC mod for the window but cannot complete the engraving as it seems the CNC machine is broken.

My issue with chilledPC / Pulse modding is the communication. After asking for dates for when the work will be completed I have failed to receive and actual solid date i.e all work to be complete by XX date. My biggest gripe of all is the lack of communication, Im an understanding guy but I start to get worried when emails are not responded too and I have to chase for days before a get a reply but also the replies seem to be very gray and unclear.

I am expecting to pick the case up this weekend so I can get the build complete for my daughters Xmas although I have asked for confirmation of this to which I have received the reply that this should be OK but he will confirm later in the week (this does have me a little worried). Once I have the case I will then speak to him about the refund for the etch as he has only completed 50% of the work.

The final question is would I use him again, sadly the answer would be probably not I will have to wait to see the quality of work.

Keeping my fingers crossed to getting the case back so I can at least have the main present for my daughter

Last edited: 20 Dec 2012