1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Caseking.de buys OCUK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 8 Feb 2012.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Wow, think of the possibilities... OCUK with decent customer service?

What? I can dream, can't I?

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

fingers crossed for yeong yang :)

4. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

I wonder if their prices will be any better? I find ocuk expensive for most things (although they do have some very good deals at times as well). They have been doing something right though, they have a lot of loyal customers :)

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Just copied my comment of the article to here.

Maybe now they will get decent customer support, people who work on the counter may actually know something about the hardware they are selling and also to top thing's off, maybe now they won't ban people who took something back that was faulty.

I got banned twice from there, once because I took my brother in law there to buy a pc and when there was faulty part's that we took back they said it wasn't faulty so after a week of driving back and to costing, me nearly £200 in fuel they refunded all the stuff he bought and banned us both.

Then about a year later I was allowed to buy from them again, so I bought a mobo, cpu and waterblock, had a faulty cpu or mobo and took them back only to get told that there was no problem even though I had a video showing the fault, where the cpu was overheating even under water and shutting the pc down, they said it wasn't faulty and when I asked to see it being tested the stuff was refunded and I was banned again.

Funny how they were happy to refund the supposed non faulty hardware and ban me, instead of just showing me it being tested and showing there was supposed to be no fault.

Funny thing for me was there was a few rep's from Gigabyte in there who were not impressed by OCUK and also a few customers who walked out when they saw how I was treated.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I used them allot everytime I needed new hardware or was building pc's for other people I always went to them until, they as above they banned me twice.

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Hopefully they will close them down and sack the lot of them, A team of monkeys could do better I've been banned twice from them as well for complaining about their lack of customer service and they was damn rude as well.

Apophis54 likes this.
  8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Hopefully this will mean some improvements in the Customer Service area, which easily has one of the worst reputations amongst computer etailers.

Already been said by others I know

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I've banned them. :hehe:

I wrote and complained about sh!tty service and their MD emailed me. So I sent him a sh!tty email back, and vowed never to use them again.

Not that it mattered to him. Crap firms don't want demanding customers, they want mongs who'll just roll over and take it. /rant

Apophis54 likes this.
  10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

If things get better then thats another etailer for computer goods added to my bookmarks. I avoided OCUK because of bad rep xD

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

A lot of eye opening stuff has appeared on this thread. I have never heard of a shop/store,call it what you will, banning people except in the case of shop lifting. So any dark secrets here guys?

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I used to use them and thankfully never had to return anything - I've heard some shocking stories.
    I now shop elsewhere and get it cheaper anyway.

13. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Hear Hear! Their forum isn't the nicest place either, I recall reading some of their leaked private moderator forum postings, and some of them were downright racist, in my opinion.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2012
  14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

The racism issue is the only thing I have heard about OCUK, and hence I have never used them. Sounds like I've saved myself a lot of hassle in all honesty!

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Myself a friend and his son was all perma banned from the forum after getting banned from the shop, The son had bought a mobo that was damaged in transit lets us say (looked more like a return to me ) the father and me both was there when he opened it so we knew he didn't do it. They said he did it so when he posted on the forum they called him a spaz and said he shouldn't be building computers of course the father defended him both was banned and the thread removed.
    I called them a bunch of old queens as they was still gloating over the way the father /son got banned that was my ban lol.

Apophis54 likes this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

wow. my bad experience isn't anything like as bad as this, but still poor and why i never bought from them again. my last full system purchase was from them (although i bought another gfx card from scan as soon as i got it as was a bargain!) and i'd paid for pre 9 delivery at quite a cost as the only time i could get off from work was that particular morning. didn't arrive by 10 so i called them, only to be told they'd ran out of the ram i ordered so they couldn;t send the delivery. when i complained i was told 'well you should have checked it was in stock!). there was plenty in stock at the time i made my order and when i complained further and got no sympathy i asked to speak to a manager, who explained that someone had done the orders in the wrong order, meaning people who ordered after me got sorted first. they offered no compensation and it wasn't till i worte too them i got the cost of delivery back.
    i still use their website for browsing and checking up on deals, as they do sometimes have good ones on, but would never make a major order through them again.

17. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

once the delivery dude left a grands worth of kit in my communal bin cupboard lol. I like the layout of the OCUK website, it's much easier on the eyes than scan, but I always shop at scan because of their free delivery through the mighty Bit-tech. So browse OCUK, shop scan lol

Apophis54 likes this.
  18. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Is really quite big news and I seem to be in the minority in this thread but ive never had an issue with OCUK and have returned several items. They arent always the cheapest but ive found them to be a lot easier to deal with and return to than ebuyer for example.

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

ditto! :thumb: although i didn't know you got free delivery if you were a forum member. i had an account aaaages ago that i stopped using shortly after my last full system build about 6or7 years ago. lol:duh:

20. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

50 posts so you're good:clap: