1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Spooks coming to an end this Autumn

Discussion in 'General' started by Houndofhell, 11 Aug 2011.

1. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

Hello all,

For those who love Spooks the BBC and Kudos Television have announced that this autumn's (10th) season of Spooks will be the last :waah:

So i thought for a start i'd see how many of you watch it. Who has been your favourite all time character? Favourite Guest Star and ofcourse we've had so many situations come up, what's been your favourite storyline?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Holy ****, no way!

Blatantly
    Harry will die, probably with Ruth
    , it couldn't be any other way after so many character deaths.

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I genuinely love Spooks, and this is kind of the exact reason why. It always does what you're not expecting. Last season's finale damn near broke my heart.

I love Lucas North, Tom will always be my favourite Section chief but Lucas was probably my favourite character.

I think this is an awesome decision, as much as I'll miss it, it's genuinely nice to have watched a TV series and to have it to come to an actual conclusion without feeling like it's been dragged on for too long.

Cannot wait for this season now, cannot wait!

There are so many awesome posibilities for the end! Imagine if Harry turned out to be a double agents all along :O. SUGARHORSE!

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No wai! Spooks speculation is literally stabbing in the dark, awesome. :D

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I love it so. All good things must end I suppose.

I preferred Adam, he was uber hardcore!

Personally I think it'll end with the MI5's funding being cut and them being made to retire... Wouldn't that be ironic...

6. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

The article i've read about them deciding to finish with the 10th season makes mention of Harry and Ruth's relationship being the bedrock of the program, so i wander if we'll get a Romeo and Juliet-esque finish to it.

Personally my favourite character is either Adam or Lucas(pre-Betrayal knowledge), my least favourite character would probably have to be Mia(think that was Lucas' girlfriends name) she was just too whiney i thought.

I thought the whole nightingale storyline was pure awesome but they seemed to leave it on a cliff with Harry killing the ex-Home Secretary so maybe they'll pick that back up

7. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

God Damn It!

8. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

NOOOOO!

Don't cut Spooks :(

9. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

When they killed off all the regulars except Harry, back in series 3, I stopped watching it.

My favourite character was the PA that only lasted two episodes.. well, one and a bit. She was the one who ended up kissing the inside of a deep-fat fryer.

10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Really do enjoy spooks, may have to start rewatching them in time for the final series to be clued up on it all :p
    Liked Lukas North, always found Adam/Ros a bit annoying.
    Really liked the main guy with Adam before Lukas I think it was (Asian maybe?)
    Sad news to hear, although will be an awesome conclusion no doubt :D

11. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Nail on head! I think that's what's so good about it, you really never know what's going to happen.

When they did what the did to Colin, I sobbed like a little girl.

Adam was pretty awesome, I just didn't like his "story" so much if that makes sense, I really didn't like his wife either. I think his ending was probably the best though, what a hero! His story in comparison to Tom's whole being set up and Lucas... thing I wont mention for spoilers. Ros... didn't really have a story I don't seem to recall.

True story, I watched the first episode and thought I'd never stop, watched the second (When deep fat fryer incident happened) and didn't watch it again for six years. I think it's the only thing I've ever seen on TV that made me actually heave. Apparently it got a record number of complaints haha

Zafar was cool, and I have to agree on Ros, she was pretty damn annoying.

I still miss Malcolm :( Tariq has got nothing on him!

Ok, definitely watching all Spooks this weekend.

Thinkin on it, Dimitri and Beth last season were not great additions and their story really wasn't developed. It just felt like "oh, here are some new people, enjoy".

12. GeorgeStorm

Which one was Tom?
    Not bothered about Beth, quite liked Dimitri though, not sure why :p

Was colin the computer guy who got killed off? I was mortified when that happened.
    Really need to watch them all, but don't want to buy the dvd boxset 1-9 knowing there's only one more series to come to make it a complete one :p

13. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Tom was the team leader (the guy below Harry) from the first series, who fell madly in love with the girl from the BT adverts and then locked her at home with a bomb in a laptop, in the last episode of the first series, which fizzled. In s2, he had some bad relationships and fell for the pretty US agent. In s3 he was discharged from the service in episode 2, I think.

14. GeorgeStorm

Maybe I haven't seen spooks from the beginning, since I don't really remember that....