1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Dog owners - lack of respect for other peoples property

Discussion in 'General' started by Behemoth, 10 Feb 2016.

1. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Something has just happened which has just made my blood boil. Yes I am a dog owner myself, and we make every effort to makesure that when he is out for a walk with us he doesn't foul on someone else's property. Thats either taking a leak, or having a steamy dump !

We also pick up after him (if we can) sometimes it not always possible if he's done a super runny one then there is no way we can pick it up.

Anyway I was just outside putting the bins and recycling out for tomorrow, saw one of the local dog walker who we don't really get on with. She could plainly see me there putting the bin out and she allows her GSD on to my drive who them promptly does a massive dump and then tries to walk off !

It wasn't till I piped up and said "Oy love, thats my drive your dog has dumped on"

She tries to ignore me and I pipe up again "You wouldn't like if I did that on your drive would you ?So flaming well clean it up"

I was expecting a sorry and I'll clean it up, but no just got a bucket load of abuse - I've be called far worse names in my time. In the end I just stood there till she did something about it and informed her if she didn't I'd be calling the Police for allowing her dog to defecate on my property, that soon got her moving and seeing if she had anything in her pocket - I could have died laughing when she said she only had a crisp packet on her - my reply was well best use it then lol.

I mean really how much time and effort does it take ? If you have a dog it's likely to poop when you take it out so at the very least be prepared for it, its not rocket science.

It was just the total lack of respect that got me - no thought for the poor sod who might either walk in it, drive his car through it or whatever. I really don't like certain people on this street - well actually a crescent and sadly no I don't know where she lives I was so tempted to post one of Harvey 3 baggers through her letter box !

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Dog owners are weird. Poop is a big part of their life.

I live next to a site of special scientific interest; grass covered dunes, rare bugs, bags of warm dog chocolate* hanging in sweaty bags from tree branches, you know the drill.

Most of it ends up on the paths because, and I quote (from a real life dog-person) it's biodegradable. Whenever I go walking there with other people in the evening I have to explain the game rules for "is it a rock or is it a dog turd." I mean, it's pretty simple; if what you step in isn't a rock, you lose.

*It's not chocolate.

3. Behemoth

Thats the trouble with people in Cornwall though lol Having lived there for most of my life till I moved to Weston, there were dogs eggs left on almost every street. There were a few responsible dog owners, one used to live down the road with me. He used to carry a mug and trowel to pick up after his dog (please not I never had a cup of tea in his house !)

I remember driving home from work one day and seeing someone letting their dog do its thing and not clear up after it, gave him a serve too - he said "I aint got any bags" He soon did, I gave him an Asda carrier bag after saying FFS pick it up, its yours.

4. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

If the dog made the mess the dog should clean it up...

Yes I am kidding. I am a dog owner, the dog lead has a little pouch thing hung off it and it contains a roll of poo sacks. If the dog decides to drop its load anywhere that there is a chance of people stepping in it it is picked up and disposed of in a bin, or it is carried around like a smelly trophy until a bin can be found.

I also have cats, I confess I do not pick up their steamy logs, but they do at least Bury them themselves, at least I think that they do...

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I like on the end of a terrace, you can probably guess what the corner gets used for...

But in general - Pets and Children... you elected to have them... you clean up after the ****ers...

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Man this makes me so mad, I live on a poverty street you know where houses are just bunched up side by side and theirs never anywhere to park and at night you can hear your neighbours banging (hoping your partner is asleep because you don't want her knowing some people can in fact last hours and not seconds) the shame! But that's beside the point anyway, someone leaves their dog crap all up and down the road and I'm not talking about little dog poos it's like elephant crap... But wait it gets worst you'd think this monster of a dog would just crap in one place and that would be easy to dodge... Not this damn dog it craps elephant turds out about every 6 feet so it's like freaking dodgeturd just trying to get to our little home. Then considering we having 2 raging two year olds and a 1 year old... Complete mayhem!

I believe if you have a dog you should at least have the decency to pick up behind it and I will let the person know my thoughts on the matter when I find out who it is..

Then the amount of times I've caught people in the act of peeing in my parents business car park not realising we have a camera over watching the car park... I always provide a bucket of water and broom and use the old. Do I p*** all over your property? Like if you get caught out and need the toilet walk in and ask and I'll happily let you use the the toilet

People just don't have any decency these days!

7. Behemoth

What you said about the works car park reminds me of a time when I used to work in Curry's and we had a customer allow his child to take a dump on our door step !

Its exactly that, no decency, no respect, no shame it seems.

8. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

well that is actually a really bad dog owner i haven't had this problem since i moved in to a house but in the old days with two massive boxer's in a small flat .... (i know it's not he best place for them but at the time i really couldn't do better ).
    I had to walk them at least 3 times a day and right by the door together with the leash there was a bunch of small bags ... It's your dog it's your mess no excuses .

right now i have a herd of Labrador... and yes a herd they are like sheep xD that likes to fertilize my backyard so no harm no foul .

9. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

> Insert Camborne joke here. <

10. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

there are alot of Dog owners where i live, and most seldom clean up after themselves, especially around a local pool. One owner in particular walks his 4 dogs and just lets them go wherever, and responds with threats of violence when challenged over it, his dogs are also quite aggressive and thus he gets away with it. that being said i was putting out the bins the other week and a young girl only about 7-8 years old was walking her dog, when it stopped and did its buisness on the green opposite my house, she then not only cleaned up after it, but asked politely if she could put the mess into my bin

11. Behemoth

How do you know when a girl from Camborne has had an orgasm ? When she's dropped her chips !

12. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I don't have a drive, my front door goes right onto the street. Just the other day I cleaned my front door as it had muddy paw prints on from next doors dog pawing at my door, their door is the same.

What they do is let the dog out onto the street. that's it, just open the front door of their terrace house and dog will do its stuff anywhere, regularly under my front window. Then its cold outside so the dog wants in, It paws at the door then tries mine.

I feel so sorry for the dog. Left alone inside during the day, and when they get back from work its kicked out for 15 mins.

13. Behemoth

Dogs are meant to be walked, when I'm home from work mine gets at least 3 a day.

Mrs takes him out of a morning and afternoon, I do the evening walk when its a working week for me.

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Dog owners. Making white dog poo a thing of the past....

15. Behemoth

I haven't seen a white dog turd for years.

Correction, I have, there was one at the end of the dog lead the other night.

16. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

White dog poo has disappeared because owners feed them processed sh** like humans eat.

White poo came from the calcium in the meat bones that people used to use to feed dogs before it was considered necessary to give them prepared food.

17. Vault-Tec

Well I'll be, I never knew that. Even so it used to take ages for a dog poo to turn white and go dry. We used to study them at my local park when I was a nipper :D

Useless for poo on a stick though they would just crumble :(

18. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

One of my favourite pastimes is sneaking my dog's turd (once bagged) into other people's bins.

I know... but there's not much else to entertain yourself with while your dog bimbles along sniffing piss patches.

19. Vault-Tec

My brother says at this time of the year they make perfect hand warmers :D

20. Behemoth

I've done it, because I've had no other choice. I'd rather do that than leave it bagged up on the floor like I've seen some people do on the beach and on the road.