1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Windows 10 settings transfer?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kronos, 20 Mar 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Unlike all other Windows operating systems of the past a lot more work is needed to set up Windows 10 to how I want it which means getting rid of Cortana and One Drive and turning off all the unnecessary stuff hidden away in the myriad of settings. Unfortunately I cannot remember all that I have done so each install it means googling to find the settings to alter.
    I have a larger SSD arriving today and rather than clone I intend to do a fresh install as the larger size will mean I can remove a 3.5 HDD as it will not be needed.

My question is is it possible to transfer just my current settings which I can then incorporate in the fresh install? Or is it best just to do my usual Googling to get the info needed to have my PC set up yje way I want and not the way Microsoft wants?

2. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

I think you can't turn off Cortana in Windows 10 Anniversary update anyway. What's wrong with One Drive, it's free cloud storage except pay a bit more for more.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Couple of things.
    Change turn off to disable where Cortana is concerned.
    I did not say anything was wrong with One Drive but I do not want it forced upon me free or not.

4. Broadwater06

Broadwater06 Minimodder

You're the Windows 10 Education man - that has no Cortana at all and save you the faff from disabling.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have Pro and am not a student.