1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other well known charity

Discussion in 'General' started by tony007, 6 Feb 2016.

1. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

I tried to donate to a well known charity when I went to the page online I noticed that they ran a lottery so I thought i'de go that route. I filled in my details including my bank acccount details as it would be a weekly draw which needed to be paid monthly. When I had finished I was told i'fe receive an email from them and then a letter giving more details, well as of now I have received nothing, can I name the charity here? I am now beginning to worry that I have been scammed. The only details I gave of my bank account were the account number and the sort code, to get into my account a password is required. There was a phone number but I got you have dialed an incorrect number.

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Call your bank and let them know what's happened just in case. If the charity is well known then chances are there will be more than one website with contact details for them. So try and find contact details elsewhere. Or you could try ringing a directory enquiries service and see what number they give you. If they have a premises locally call down and check everything is OK.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

There's very little someone could do with the details you've provide. They could set up a direct debit on your account but they can be easily cancelled and indemnified. Anything else would require further id or documentation.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

No, you can't name them here - do you want us all to get arrested or something?

You are dangerous.

[​IMG]

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Guys, does anyone know the difference between a hamster and a gerbil?

Margo Baggins likes this.
  6. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

If they are a well known charity they should have a registered charity number with the Charities Commission, if they don't then you know they are bogus. Like others have said with the info they have there is sod all that they can do anyway other than setup a direct debit, which you can then go and cancel yourself and claim the money back anyway.

If you have further concerns the best thing to do would be to also change your debit card, I've done that a few times myself, not told the bank exactly what I've done and have just reported the card as lost, my bank just think that I'm a clumsy oaf !

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Gerbils have long tails and elongated hind paws to aid jumping, versus the short tails and hand like hind paws of a Hamster.

Gerbils also lack cheek pouches, whilst Hamsters climb like little adorable climbey things.

Both love to dig tunnels.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

If it is Macmillian do not worry as they are not the fastest to send emails or in fact the confirmation pack which you will receive in due course.

9. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

no its nspcc lottery. If its genuine they are very inefficient.

10. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

11. tony007

tony007 What's a Dremel?

It was a misdirected email which I never received from them all ok now.

12. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Ideal, nowt to worry about then, panic over :)