1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling H-60 & D800

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by longweight, 8 May 2011.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Hi All,

will be building my first gaming rig this month and I have a couple of questions about cooling.

First the spec:

i5 2500K
    8Gb Vengance RAM
    Nvidia GTX570
    Asus P67 B3 Mobo
    Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 800W

Now the only 2 things I am unsure of is the case and CPU cooler. I want the PC to run as quietly as possible as it is located in the lounge. The D800 seems to be a great case for a first build as it is quite large and has good air cooling.

I am thinking about using a corsair H60 for the CPU as it seems like a great idea to remove the CPU heat from the case instead of blowing the hot air over other components.

My main question is whether anyone has used these two together and how much of a noise reduction the H60 would give if any over say the Dark Rock Pro? I will not be overclocking at the moment but I will be gaming a lot so if the H60 isn't much quieter I would happily buy an H70 if it ran at a lower noise level with my build.

I have spent the morning on the forums trying to work it out so if there is a thread covering this please let me know.

Thanks

Long

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

ive got an h50 on my 2500K OC'd to 4.5ghz running a 4,000RPM PWM delta fan. the fan is temperature regulated and rarely goes over 1500RPM while gaming. its audible, but still very reasonable. the fan on the 5770 is much more of a problem at the moment, but hopefully it will go under water eventually as well.

the h60 is supposed to be a better cooler than the h50, so i think youll be fine.

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Thanks man :) Still not sure on which GPU to get, I know I want a GTX570 but I don't know which version to get. Any ideas?!

4. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

XFX, Gigabyte, HIS, EVGA, Asus, MSI...whoever is offering the best deal at the time. also do your research into what cooler is used if noise is a primary concern for you.

5. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

get the cheapest one mate, then give it a tweak and you should get around gtx 580 levels of performance, I picked up a gtx 570 by evga from scan a couple of weeks back and its brilliant. I got it for £250, the price has gone up now, and there on pre order, but keep an eye out, the one I got does 1000mhz on the core :D