1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte E350N-USB3 Mini-ITX Motherboard power consumption

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Gupta, 21 Mar 2012.

1. Gupta

Gupta What's a Dremel?

I was planning a build using an Antec ISK 100, which has a 90 watt supply, but on Gigabyte's website, they recommend a 200 watt power supply for this itx board.

Even to a computer newbie like me, this does seem a lot of power for a small itx board, so is there a reason they're recommending 200 watts?

Thanks a lot
    Garry

2. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

It's simply for headroom with any future upgrades. The 200 watts is for the board, your storage drive(s) and anything else you may want to add in.

Teelzebub likes this.
  3. Gupta

Gupta What's a Dremel?

The only extras I'd use that would be powered from the board would be a usb card reader, and occasionally a dvd writer that uses 2 usb ports for it's power.

Thanks a lot
    Garry

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I'd get a 200W unit anyway, just for the extra headroom and power efficiency.

5. Gupta

Gupta What's a Dremel?

I really fancied using that case, it's just right for where it was going to go but if the supply is on the small size I'll leave this one for now and carry on with another build I'll be doing.

Thanks for your help :)

Garry