1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Pump but which pump that is the question

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by blackwatch, 5 Jan 2013.

1. blackwatch

blackwatch Minimodder

Im Building a new loop ( yes the modding bug has me seriously infected and there is no know cure lol ). I am wanting to run two rads so I can cool my overclocked i5-3570K, chipset and 660TI.

I have finally ( after around 2 weeks ) figured out where to place the rads etc and Im going to use 1 x 240mm rad ( possibly a 1 x 360 if i can get it to fit ) at the bottom of the case and 1 x 360mm rad at the front of the case.

Am I correct in thinking the pump needs to be below the res? If so to run the above would this surfice? -

http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/cus...XSPC-Reservoir-Top--Bundle-Deal-pid-6647.html

This is effectivley the layout at the moment while i plan things.

[​IMG]

I was thinking of mounting the pump / res, in the space between the motherboard and the front rad. I will then hide the rads behind 3mm acrylic sheet with custom made fan grills.

If anyone could help me with the flow route I would be very grateful as im not sure of which way to run it.

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Makes things easier if you fill the loop from the highest point. So the reservoir above the pump is ideal. You need to take mounting options in to account when looking for the ideal pump and reservoir combo for your particular needs.

3. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Also think about how your going to drain the loop. I have put a drain valve in at the base of my sig rig. Whenever i want to drain the loop i just fit a tube onto a spare fitting and then flick the switch!