1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Last weekend ( december 26 2004 ) I started my project AlumaxX.
    The whole project will be based on the Lian Li PC-V2000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Because I love the clean look of metal/aluminium, I want to use as much aluminium and chrome as possible. The two metal housings for the Eheim 1048 pumps will both be chromed. Just brought them to the guys that will do that for me, today.

[​IMG]

To watercool the CPU, GPU and the memory on the videocard, the powersupply, the harddisks and the Northbridge I will use two Eheim 1048 pumps and two Innovatek reservoirs. Watertemps will be measured in both reservoirs.

[​IMG]

The waterflow will also be measured in two places in the system. All the information about waterflow and temp will go to the Aquaero and this will manage the speed of the four 120 mm fans that will be placed in the case.These fans all will be installed on the three radiators, two Black Ice xtreme radiators and one Black Ice xtreme 2 radiator. These are all chromed versions. The hose is Tygon 3/8 inch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first thing I did this weekend was removing the harddisk trays. I need that space for other things and the harddisk will be placed in the watercooled harddisk boxes from Aquacomputers and those don't fit in the tray anyway. No pictures yet, but they have just arrived. Missed the postman last week, so I had to wait a few days longer for the boxes :waah:

Here you see the case with the harddisk trays and without.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These I won't need anymore

[​IMG]

I will make me a harddisktray myself, the material will be aluminium in combination with............

[​IMG]

I don't have much time today, so I will give you some more detailed information about this project next week. Chrome, Aluminium, green and stealthing are some words you will see frequently in the future in my thread. Yes I fel in love with this colorscheme when I saw the Orac3.

The grill that comes on top of the case has arrived.

[​IMG]

I had trouble getting a clear picture, so I use one from Aquacomputer. Marked the place where I have to drill and cut to place the radiator grill.

[​IMG]

Some dremel activity........

[​IMG]

Almost there.

[​IMG]

Does the grill fit??????

[​IMG]

The grill and the first reservoir fit like a glove. I only need to drill the mounting holes for the grill and the reservoir.

[​IMG]

The reservoir from the inside.

[​IMG]

At the moment I'm designing the rack for my two hardisks. I don't want to place the two aquadrives in normal way, in the baydrives, but in the compartment where I removed the original harddiskracks from the Lian Li.

These guys will get a custom made harddisk rack.......

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Apr 2006
  2. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

looks promising! that's some tasty stuff you got going on there

3. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

Wow dude you're pumping some serious cash into this rig. Looks awesome :)

4. Xhiz

Xhiz What's a Dremel?

Holy crap, cant wait to see progress on this :thumb:

5. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

Hmm sounds a bit like the Orac... Can't go wrong there! :thumb:

6. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I have some free days next week, that means cutting time!!!! Saturday I will do nothing, I don't think I will be able to do a thing after a long new years night. I'm nervous like hell, because it will also the first date with the woman I fel in love with. :blush: Sunday I will have to show my face on a reception.
    I hope my powersupply arrives soon from Germany, because I want to be sure I didn't make any mistakes with all the measurements. I don't want to cut my case and find out it is in the wrong place afterwards.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah, there was a lot of cable stealthing in Orac :hehe:

Looks very promising, you're working with the silver version of the case I want.

I was wondering... would you mind measuring the distance from the front fan's mounting plate to the edge of that hard drive rack (or as close as you can get since you already took it out) and the distance between the rear fan and the case's side panel.

definately very promising... but that's a redicuous amount of tubing there! I just finished plumbing my setup and it's probably not much more than four feet of tubing total. Then again mine's in a PC6077 not a v2000, and only a single rad.

8. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

Heh, I think hiding all the wires in shower tubing and wiring them up to those funky plug thingys instead of the normal molex connectors is stealthing. You wouldn't even know it was a wire if he didn't tell you...

9. Daetalix

Daetalix What's a Dremel?

Where did you get that large square grill? I've seen it before but can't find it again...

10. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

AquaComputers.de if I'm not mistaken...

11. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Please don't compare my case to the ORAC. The ORAC is a piece of art and I don't think I have the skills to get it half as beautiful. My stealthing is not the stealthing you saw with the ORAC btw. I want only the watertubing to be visible after I've finished the case. I'm not going to tell what I'm going to do to get all the wiring out of sight.

Daetalix it is indeed from aquacomputers.

Firehed you've got mail and yes that's a lot of tubing, but because I ordered most of the stuff in America and Germany and it isn't cheap to get it send to Holland, I have ordered more stuff and parts than I need. I sell it to other people to earn back a part of the shipment costs. Most of the parts a very hard to get in Holland, so I didn have any problems finding buyers.

Last edited: 30 Dec 2004
  12. rachit

rachit What's a Dremel?

very beutifull case but i prefere my V2100s :D

and wow you have lot of good watercooling material !!

good project

:dremel:

13. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Look at all that WC Gear goodness :jawdrop: :D

14. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

The Li PC-V2000 are nice cases, so careful not to destroy that one! But as theres gonna be lots of aluminum, this should be a nice mod. I am designing my case mod, and its gonna have lots of alu, so hopefully this can give me some ideas.

Looking forwards to the completed mod!

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Would you mind resending it? Maybe it was eaten by a spam filter or something but I can't seem to locate the message

16. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

A small update. Started dremeling the hole for the grill on top of the case. I've got aluminium powder in my nose at the moment :D

17. Eran

Eran What's a Dremel?

Nice **** going on there, keep up the good work :dremel:

18. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Firehed, the distance from the front fan mounting plate to the first hard drive rack ( if thats what you mean ) is 58 millimeter. I don't know what you want me to measure for the second distance. Maybe is just my rotten english that I don't understand what you want me to measure, but if you can describe it in an other way, I will measure it for you.

19. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Paper model of the harddiskrack.

[​IMG]

The harddiskboxes will be mounted in this place.

[​IMG]

The three holes in the rack will be covererd with three pieces of UV acrylpanel. These pieses will also have rounded corners and they will be slightly bigger as the holes in the rack.

Untill today finding materials was the biggest problem, but not anymore! I found a store that sells all the stuf I need. I will make a complete list of the things I need and then I will go shopping there. They even sell the perfect hose clambs. :clap: :clap: :clap:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  20. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

Lian-li v2000
    ac watercooling

YOU GOT MY ATTENTION!! :D
    hurry up with next update