1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Does Activation code match to W7 copy?

Discussion in 'Software' started by neil_b, 29 Aug 2014.

1. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

I want to re-install my W7 (Ent n 64) operating system - after 4 years it's become pretty messy and bloated.

I have what I THINK is the correct windows disk that goes with the activation code (that I can see in the Start/Control Panel/System and Security/System location), but I don't know for sure that the disk I have which is a genuine W7 disk, will match with the activation code I can see on the PC?

1) Does it matter which disk I use to install W7 as long as I have the(a?) GENUINE original MS W7 activation code?
    2) For a complete re-install of W7 on the same h/w as the original install will MS honour it and allow me to re-activate what is actually the same physical PC?

Thanks...

Last edited: 29 Aug 2014
  2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Win 7 Enterprise is a volume product for companies so providing it's not a blocked key it should activate fine although as it's an enterprise product you should contact your companies IT to reimage the machine for you (Enterprise is not for home users and is only available to companies).

You will need the product key and not the activation ID.

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Last edited: 30 Aug 2014