1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA gives Jade Empire away On The House

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Dec 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ----jimbo----

----jimbo---- What's a Dremel?

Origin isn't too bad and has a couple of neat features, sadly it just doesn't have anything like the library of games that Steam does.

3. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

I'd completely agree with that, it's certainly a lot better than Uplay and has improved a bit over the last year.

4. cps1974

cps1974 What's a Dremel?

never had a problem with Origin - don't know anything about the title (save what was said in the article) will defo check it out

5. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

It's a Bioware game, before they got bought out by EA. In other words, it's good.

6. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Origin is actually pretty decent now. Of course it isn't going to have as big library as steam, since they do a lot from other publishers too and loads of independent games. But in terms of a publishers own store, it is pretty stable and I can praise the download speeds of updates and games. They have always been at peak speeds for my connection.

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

It's also a horrendous port....

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Opens Origin, updates Origin, gets free game I heard about, closes Origin...

A month later,

Opens Origin, updates Origin, gets...

:)

9. Merglet

Merglet What's a Dremel?

I actually enjoyed the game on PC.. and just using keyboard and mouse. And remapping controls.

But we all have our preferences. This is really the first year I've had full access to a console.

10. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

It wasn't the controls so much....for me, this game was the tipping point at which Bioware/EA turned it's back on PC-centric releases (notably KotOR) and started down the "Console first, PC second" route. Suddenly there's reduced graphics settings, poor screen-res options, radial menus instead of mouse-focused menus - and so it goes on.

Still, great game..just a shame, for me, about the consolification, and what felt like a turn in direction for a much-loved developer. Now we've got Dragon Age 2/3...games of compromise.

Anyway. Rant over -_-

11. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Origin is pretty nice from what I've seen of it. Although it did lose a lot of points when it wouldn't install Battlefront from the disc forcing me to download 50gb of data...