1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Mounting a PSU in an Antec 1200

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by IDrinkFosters, 12 May 2009.

1. IDrinkFosters

IDrinkFosters Eh

Here's the problem:

After my old PSU died (Coolermaster Real Power) I switched brands to Be Quiet, the Dark Power Pro model to be exact. Anyway, when I went to mount the PSU inside the case I came up against a major problem:

The PSU is about a 1" - 1½" off the case floor.

The Antec 1200 comes with a black plate so you can mount the PSU upside down (as it resides on the bottom), I can attach the back plate to the PSU with no trouble at all but even then it doesn't work out. The two top screws in the back plate block the top of the plate from lining up with the screw holes at the top. The bottom ones are okay. Even then the PSU is still a good inch off the case floor.

My dead Coolermaster sits on the case floor without any troubles with the back plate attached. Same goes for a generic PSU I use for testing.

Here's my question:

The Dark Power Pro 750W is an ATX 2.2 where as the Coolermaster Real Power 700W was 2.3. Surely this shouldn't make such a drastic difference in mounting? I'm uneasy about mounting it with the PSU being as high off the case floor as the screws will be taking a lot of strain.

Any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks

2. TobyKing1982

TobyKing1982 Minimodder

Cant you mod something to prop up the psu?

3. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Could u show some pictures of the problems u're having?! I can't quite get the picture of ur problem ^_^

4. Panther57

Panther57 AMD Dragon Fan.

Simular done on P180B

I have the Antec P180B with a 4 screw over top bracket with four screws also.

If the bracket only can allow 2 screws because of the interfearence of the way the bracket rests on the PSU keep in mind that the PSU is on the bottom, isn't going anywhere unless jolted or moved. Sitting there even unmounted it should just sit there. I guess flipped upside down the back screws do not offer a way to at least install one or two?
    Otherwise get a different PSU that fits.

p.s. I often when modding don't even use the bracket and only the back screws. It's just a great extra support.