1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Do you play one game or more?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mikemorton, 9 Nov 2010.

1. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

I used to grab a game, play it to death - sometimes for weeks at a time, and only then move on to the next one.

But recently I've taken to playing a couple of different games over the same day.

Is it just me who "grazes" this way?

My son does the same, but he's probably just copying me.

Maybe it's some sort of attention deficit!

How about you?

2. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Varies for me. I spent weeks just playing Dragon Age and have had similar spells with the Total War series and Civ. Also played Company of Heroes non-stop for a couple of months.

Last couple of weeks however, I've been dabbling with CoD2, Batman AA and CoH.

Depending on today, I may just spend a few weeks with Black Ops... liking it so far.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Depends what kind of mood I'm in.
    I'll usually have a couple of games on the go, but for the last week I've been only playing CSI: Victorian London (aka Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper) on the xbox.

My brother had bought it, didn't like it and passed it on to me.

Extremely slow paced, however I did enjoy the story (and wrote a guide while I was playing it).

Now I've completed it I'll be playing a combination of Batman: AA on the PC, Vanquish and Bayonetta on the PS3 and prince of Persia on the 360.

4. mikemorton

mikemorton Minimodder

My current faves are Dawn Of War II: Chaos Rising, COD 2 and Batman AA.

I feel I'm probably not giving AA the full attention it deserves, but hey ho, it's my game after all.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2010
  5. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I normally have 3-4 games on the go :)

6. hyder

hyder horrible horrible horrible

If its a story based game like ME2 I'll usually play through it without dabbling in anything else. But once I complete a game I usually move back to my usual rotation of CIV (was 4 now 5) and Starcraft 2 (was previously WCIII).

I don't tend to buy many new games anymore so that sandbox or MP rotation tends to be the norm.

7. 1-0-1

1-0-1 Nothing interesting to put here.

Well I use to try to play any game that I could get hold off and could run on my rig acceptably. For the last year I have just been playing World of Warcraft and recently Starcraft 2. Here and there tried a couple of games but could never finish them because I just do not see the point of playing a whole game purely in single player and the last game I did was Fallout 3 and to a extend Borderlands.

8. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I do both really, unless I get hooked on a game... then I'll be there for hours

hirezo likes this.
  9. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

I tend to play TF2 with mates the most, But story driven games I used to play a lot but recently just havent put the time into them, I still havent completed ME2 mainly due to all the DLC they release I want it before completing the game.

Also Left 4 Dead 2 now its got no mercy is really fun

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Depends, I normally have one SP game on the go (ME2, dragonage, fallout 3, whatever) one multiplayer (borderlands, tf2, l4d e.t.c) and an MMO. Technically its more like 3 MMO's as i have a coulpe of free AO accounts, a free DDO account and i sometimes switch it up with a month of a paid MMO (ATM thats CoH)

11. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Got a few... MW2 and COH mainly, atm. Trying to finish all the COH & expansions SP campaigns.

I have too many damn games to play through, and not enough time... Steam are seductive with their sales.

12. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Mainly Call of Duty 4 and Joint Ops

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'll typically play multiplayer games for a good deal of time, even if they overlap. My multiplayer games lately are TF2, Killing Floor, and Heroes of Newerth.

Singleplayer I play in spurts, one at a time. Got The Witcher recently and been playing that when not multiplayering. Can't do two singleplayer games overlapping, one always gets abandoned.

14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i'll play whatever im in the mood for.

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Generally if I get a game with a story I'll play it through unbroken from start-> finish. If it's really good I'll spend every available moment on it until it's done.

Then I'll randomly play whatever I fancy from the dozen or so I've got installed.

16. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

It really depends on how good the games are that are out at the moment, there are games I never uninstall and keep coming back to, Games I played through once or twice and loved but will never touch again for many years and games that I regret buying.

If a great game is out I will give it the attention it deserves, if no great game is out I'm a gaming whore and will get some wherever I can.

17. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I tend to settle on 2 games that I play. My Warcraft 3/Enemy Territory period was long and epic :)

18. Whindog

Whindog What's a Dremel?

atm im a starcraft 2 junkie, with a dabble of dragon age (Which will be replaced by ME2 when im done) and when i want a mindless experiance ill go play Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

I was loving Dragon age....then SC2 came out......oh boy. It like crack for me. So addictive.....the only thing that stopes me playing that is tiredness....or playing 5 fkin cheesers in a row. :wallbash::sigh::waah::dremel::duh:

Even if im addicted to a game. Always have 1 or 2 others to change things up a little with my mood.

19. 1-0-1

1-0-1 Nothing interesting to put here.

I can so relate to that but you know what they say, if you let yourself get cheesed ....

20. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

+1