1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What PC exclusives have I missed since 2010-ish?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mister_Tad, 19 May 2015.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Since tearing apart and flogging my gaming PC on a snap decision in 2008 and replacing it with a laptop and PS3, I've been fairly oblivious to what's been going on in the land of PC exclusives.

In the time since then I've had a desktop or two, but never with anything more than onboard graphics. I've just now installed my first discrete GPU since the 8800GTX and feel there might be some catching up to do.

I'm not interested in online games at all, do enjoy a bit of RTS and the odd city builder, both of which seem to be reserved for the PC. I do love a good RPG, and don't mind the occasional FPS either, but get the impression that there's not really much in the way of PC exclusives here.

Games which I've got on the shortlist so far are:

1. Cities: Skylines
    2. Supreme Commander 2
    3. Planetary Annihilation (?)

I'm undecided on the last one, I desperately want it to be fantastic, and my most fond gaming memories are of TA, but based on initial reviews may be a bit of a let down.

Needs to be able to run respectably at 2560x1440 on a Xeon E3-1245v2 (AKA i7-3770) and Quadro K4100m (AKA ~GTX775M)

Any notable omissions?

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

elite dangerous - although will be coming to consoles....

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

If RTS is your thing then check out company of heroes 2. Even better is the the Blitzgreig mod pack for the first company of heroes game. But prepare to lose many hours of your life :D

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Kerbal Space Program, Banished, Besiege, Divinity: Original Sin (technically still a pc exclusive), Anno 2070, Wargame series...

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Interesting, and here was me thinking it was just an MMO.

Is it worth playing as single player only?

I've not come accross this before, will have to check it out :thumb:

Quite the list! I shall get researching, I've only ever hear of one of those!

6. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

DayZ mod would be my shout...but finding some vanilla mod servers with lots of players won't be that easy. Worth the effort in my opinion.

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Pillars of Eternity not played this yet but it's an RPG in the same vein as Baldurs Gate and is rated highly.

Prison Architect a fun little prison builder, on sale on Steam £3.99 (-80%) for the next few hours.

Crusader Kings II an excellent grand strategy game that I've ploughed hours into.