1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Steam Discovery Queue always disappoints

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 26 Jun 2015.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

...is an old school...

...2D side scroller...

...from 1995...

...features cats (or equivalent) with rocket launchers (or equivalent) - how crazy are we?!...

...early access game...

...8 bit...

...free to play...

...rogue like...

...interactive novel...

If a game features any of these overused terms, I pretty much click 'not interested' straight away. Unfortunately this seems to mean that I rarely come across a game worth considering (to me anyway).

Anyone else fed up with the sheer amount of tripe that seems to be available?

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Not all early access games are tripe (Look at Kerbal Space Program & Invisible Inc for some example of good titles that were early access) but I agree - Steam is now over saturated with crap. The Jim Quisition pretty much covers everything wrong with the steam green light and early access system.

And those recommendation queues are full of that junk.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I got a couple of 'not available in your region', they were probably the best choices tbh....

4. veato

veato I should be working

I'm sick of the whole 'survivial' 'crafting' 'open world' terms. Everything recently looks like either a Minecraft clone or another take on the open world survival genre - zombies or otherwise.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ohh, yes, I think I had mentally blocked those. Add those to the list of 'auto not interested'.

6. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

However if there was an old school 2D side scroller, early access, 8 bit free to play,rogue like interactive novel from 1995 which features cats with rocket launchers you'd buy it wouldn't you?