1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Uncertain future for F-Zero

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 21 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Man, that brings back memories!

3. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I once travelled from New York to London on a plane which let you play F-Zero on the inflight entertainment system (Virgin Atlantic as I recall). I got quite good in seven hours.

P

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I loved F-Zero. So good. Had to have some seriously sharp reflexes for that. :)

5. enciem

enciem Minimodder

I had that game on gameboy advance and it was in english. I swear it was on the gameboy, might be dreaming it.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

A Nintendo designer admitting that a franchise has nothing new to bring and refraining from making another iteration? He should be fearing for his job right now!

7. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

F-Zero GX was one of the best games on the GameCube (one of the best racing games of that generation imo). Awesome speed, brilliantly designed tracks, beautiful graphics, great challenge at top difficulty.

I'm never buying a Wii U, but it's a shame they aren't even considering a sequel, especially considering it's probably the only franchise Nintendo own that DOESN'T need reinventing...

8. thom804

thom804 Minimodder

Haha! I had exactly the same thing on a flight over to New Zealand. 1997 if I recall.

9. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

I bought F zero on launch. I remember sitting in my gaming chair (an old rocking chair) leaning like a wally :D

Fantastic game. The N64 one was quite mind bending too !

10. DBA

DBA I do my modding with a spoon

bwahaha... Miyamoto is more or less Nintendo, I reckon he can say whatever he wants!

It's a shame that the only racing game Nintendo makes these days is Mario Kart, they used to make some of the best racing games in the industry (if you wasn't into simulators).
    But it makes sense not to make a new F-ZERO, If you look at the new Mario Kart, you notice that it borrows a lot from F-ZERO with the ability to magnetically hang on to tracks driving upside down, so I just guess that in order to keep Mario Kart new they had to "merge" it with some of the older racing franchises. Again, it's a shame as I hate blue shells and LOVE the music from F-ZERO! It really was one of it's greatest trademarks!

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I'm not particularly familiar with any of the names over there, but it's in jest anyway. With most other Nintendo franchises pumping out countless spin-offs and sequels it's refreshing to see one rest in peace when it's not truly ready or needed.

12. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

Not being needed is quite the statement when you think of the wii u lacking quality games. Theres noy been a bad fzero game that ive played anyway. I imagine theyre working on another mario kart which lost my attention years ago...

I hope the fzero series comes back at some point!

13. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

how do you lack direction for a futuristic racer?

14. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

f-zero was the best

15. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Yep, 1997 to LA, completed Super Mario World quicker than either of my brothers!

16. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

So NOBODY here hasn't noticed that the screenshot isn't from F-Zero on the SNES but actually of BS F-Zero 2 from the SNES Satellaview and was only available in Japan.

17. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

{how do you delete double posts}

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This!

Make a HD remake of the old games and stick em on iOS/Droid/Wii U. It's not hard.

Tags: Add Tags