1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Anyone know if this is any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StudioRecorder, 3 Oct 2010.

1. StudioRecorder

StudioRecorder Mobo's need Fabo's for company!!!!!

2. bartiszon

bartiszon Minimodder

If you're looking for some LC for your CPU only Corsair H70 Hydro Series will be better option. Hassle free, quite good compatibility with other platforms and is cheaper while efficiency should be comparable.

Edit: The Titan Fenrir is a very effective air cooler, why do you want to change it?
    What is your priority? The efficiency, the silence or the price? Do you want to upgrade this LC system to more sophisticated water cooling set in the future? Imho this proposed XSPC WaterCooling Kit is not worth taking into consideration anyway.

Last edited: 3 Oct 2010
  3. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

It's a decent kit and a good intro to water cooling, it'll give better temps than an air cooler and probably the H70 although not by much, maybe only 5-10 degrees max.

4. StudioRecorder

StudioRecorder Mobo's need Fabo's for company!!!!!

hi guys sorry for the late reply, the fenrir is a really good cooler i jsut want something abit more quiet and "efficient?". was also thinking of watercooling my graphics card in the future as well when im happier to void its warranty. also the fenrir at the moment is ratehr large to the point where it stops me installing a side 120mm fan in my antec 1200 to blow over the graphics card area

5. Wing Zero

Wing Zero Ita-sha owner

You can install a side fan on the 1200 with the Fenrir installed. all it requires is cutting off one of the mounting lugs on the fan. i have done his before with no ill effects.

i would however mention that the 1200 is a bugger of a case to fit WC into it. took a dremel to the mobo tray in order to fit a 200mm rad in the roof underneath the big boy fan, and removed 2 of the 3 HDD cages to fit a 240 rad in the front of the case.

i would say if you're really serious about WC. look for a better case first than the 1200.

6. annie25

annie25 Banned

i am looking for a new laptop and i am thinking of dell mini...is this laptop is good...please suggest me.