1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Torment: Tides of Numenera: Q&A and Hands-On Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Jan 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Having played the old Planescape: Torment in the hospital again last year I am really looking forward to this game.

Apart from the combat system the game has aged really well, especially considering it's 17 years old!

Last edited: 23 Jan 2017
  3. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

For those who are considering playing Planescape: Torment again, this guide might come in useful:
    http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/planescape-torment-fully-modded.html

It helps get the game working at higher resolutions and fixes some quest & scripting bugs. It's written for the GOG version - hopefully it's still relevant for Windows 10.

I think I bounced off PS:T the first time I played it many years ago, preferring Baldur's Gate, so I've been meaning to go back one day. I have another Pillars of Eternity play-through planned first though. I'm also hoping they'll release an extended edition of PS:T one day, as they did with the Baldur's Gate series.

It's great though, that these kind of old-school, isometric RPGs are seeing a renaissance with the new crowdfunding models :) And I'm really looking forward to Tides of Numenera (as well as the recently announced Pillars of Eternity 2).

Last edited: 29 Jan 2017
Tags: Add Tags