Other Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator tutorials/literature?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr-IK, 30 Jan 2010.

1. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Hey everybody!

For a long time I've been thinking about learning some more Photoshop/Illustrator tricks, and were browsing the web for free online tutorials. I've found a few, and have started just doing bits and bops.

I'm not really aiming at any specific guides, as im not doing this for any other purpose than just learning the programs better, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope someone out there have some experience they can share :)

Greets IK

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

best start is learning how to quick mask.. after your done messing around with the different brushes go back in standard mode and see the layers box.. click channels tab and save selection as a channel

you'll end up with an alpha channel were you can see any spots you've missed.. you can also apply filters to the selection here like blur or blur more.. then go back to rgb and then layer>new>layer via cut or copy to remove or add the selection into another layer

select color range is another quick way to eliminate certain colors.. works good for black and white clips and things like that, your foreground and background colors can be sampled with the eye dropper tool- there's also a really old plugin called eye candy http://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/index.aspx

it has alot of good filters to use.. there's alot of text tricks but you'll come across those as you play some in the styles tab.. or use filters and stack layers / play with opacity.. that should get you started- not sure on any free tutorials online.. been a ps user since windows 95- started back then photo shopping my friends heads on guys doing sheep and crazy stuff like that.. my favorite that caused massive roid rage was my friend with a horses cock in his left hand and it was on his mouth.. don't ask me how I got those pictures- back in the 90's peeps were posting the craziest things ever- it was the clinton era

3. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

4. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's