1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other iPod? Need help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zunna, 19 Nov 2008.

1. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

I jst recently bought an ipod ..its not an apple one. i have a problem with it when i put in my songs some of them dun play in my ipod it says format error? next when i plug my ipod again to the computer and see my songs some of them each are written 5 times.. and i can't delete them nor can i put any new songs..its 4 gb now can somebody plz help me ?? whats wrong with it??

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Try restoring it through itunes when you plug it in. Only thing is you will be required to put all your music back on to it. May i suggest putting your music into itunes first, then from your itunes music folder to your ipod.

3. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

He said it's an ipod that's not an apple one, so I doubt that restoring itunes will help anything.

We need to know which mp3 player this is. If it's still an "ipod" that's not by apple, then that could definitely explain things. Is it an Appel Ipad?

4. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

its an ipod but inside beside the songs it says mp3... its shape like an apple ipod but its not Apple one .. can u help me with it plz..

and the middle circle of it that doesn't move i have to click on it..

and it has a cd with it it says ..

For AMV Convert Tool, please make sure you have installed:

1) Windows Media Player 9.0 or above
    2) Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or above

When convert Real Media, Quick Time, MPEG2 format file, please install related DirectShow filter. Otherwise, AMV Convert Tool can not work normally.

do i have to do these things

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Nov 2008
  5. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

And it doesn't work with itnues.. it opens up with Removeable disk F

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Ahh... Miss-read, do you know the make? Most mp3 players come with specific software meant specially for adding music to certain models of mp3 players, i remember a while back with my sony mp3 player, only way to add songs was to use the craptastic sony software that came with it. Do you have a box with it or a cd with the software?

7. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

yes i have a cd.. and there r too many folders in it what should i look for? how will i knw which software?

8. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

it s an XINTAI Mp3 player thats what it says when i open this file.

9. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

ok i have put in 200 songs but now the problem is i can't put anymore.. when i do that it says 000kb and iit doesn't work ..what's the problem?

10. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Where does is say 000kb? Is the player full?

11. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

no that's the problem it doesn't get full and i can't even put all my songs its soo confusing.. before i had put in 210 songs now i delete 10 and i was trying to put some other one's and i can meaning the songs doesn't play in the ipod i can delete it but i can't put more..

is it jst tht i put my songs in only once and that's it i cant put more i really don't get it .. and it says 000kbps on my ipod screen it says lyric in small boxes and besides that its kbps ..all the other songs work up to 200 there kbps is 128 but when i put new one's they dun play.. plz i need help! it's really crazyy

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Your MP3 player is not an iPod. iPod is a specific proprietary brand, so don't get people confused by calling it an iPod.

Most likely yours is a generic MP3 player that plays .MP3 files and probably some other common formats, but not Apple's own specific .ACC format. You may have been trying to put songs on it in a format that it does not recognise.

I would also guess that when you hook it up to your PC it appears as a generic external drive and you drag & drop or copy .MP3 tracks to it. You don't need special software. The CD you have is to convert video files in the Real Media, Quick Time or MPEG2 format to the .AMV video format which your MP3 player understands. However you don't need any software to transfer music --provided it is in a format your MP3 player recognises. Read the manual to see which ones they are...

An average 128kbps song is about 3Mb to 4.5Mb (or 1 to 1.5Mb per minute), so you should be able to get about 400 songs on your MP3 player, depending on their length and on folder arrangement. You may need to put them in a specific music folder on the MP3 player.

13. Zunna

Zunna What's a Dremel?

Thanks for helping me nexxo .. but that's the problem the mp3 understands all the files 200 songs are working in it and i cant put more they dun work is it because i'm not putting it the right way .. and i have the Amv the media manager when i try to download the songs in to my mp3 from that only 3 appear in it and it makes so many folders in my mp3 ..its really confusing .. how can i put it with the media manager?

14. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

There's also the possibility that the true capacity is a lot lower than is advertised for that particular mp3 player. I wouldn't put it past an ipod clone to stoop to that level.