1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant A parting gift... (Small Giveaway)

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 18 Feb 2013.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Hey Guys,

Over the past 3 years I've spoken to some truly interesting people, I originally joined the forum as an avid modder and it was the variety of intriguing and unique projects that inspired me to have a go myself.

Since migrating from the modding forums, I've been continuously abusing general threads in particular one which was designed for the occasional vent.

Its got to the point its the only thing i do now and I've became very aware of my increasing issues.
    I go through days of feeling completely suffocated by hatred, anger and frustration and its become more than i can handle by myself.

I've decided its time to part ways with Bit-tech in order to get myself together and seek help to tackle my issues without using general threads as a catalyst for my continuous insecurity.

I feel my overall presence within these threads has ruined something really amazing and all i can say is im sorry for that. I actually can't remember the last time i felt like i made any positive contribution at all and im not proud to admit that, its just a constant diary of my failures.

I've set up a very small modding related giveaway from pieces i had been saving as a parting gift for someone to leave the way i came, postage costs will be at my own expense

[​IMG]
    Mnpctech Sniper Overkill Grill, 240mm black powder coated grill, 2 x black 120mm grills, NZXT green led kit, Lian Li HDD cage

If you want these items the rules are simple
    - Post "Im in!" within the thread to be included (Only once)
    - Entrants must have at least 100 posts to qualify
    - End date is 6pm on Saturday 23rd where the winner will be picked at random
    - UK only unless you are willing to pay international shipping
    - You will only have 12 hours to reply to the PM regarding the win before its passed on

Following the giveaway assuming any remaining sales contact from the marketplace has been completed I won't be returning.

Thanks guys its been... interesting.

- DP

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I'm in

DP, I can't ever remember you spoiling a thread at any time on the forums. You might have had the odd rant, but so what. You're just letting off a bit of steam on hear. No harm done, you've never been banned or warned about anything as far as I know, so you can't have been that much of a pain..lol

I've always enjoyed your comments and banter in my build logs.

What ever you decide to do, I would like to wish you all the best and I'm sure plenty more will echo that as well.

Jeff

3. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

:( Sad to see you go!

I'm in!

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I'm in!

I'm sure I've been much more of a pain than you in my time here! I'll be very sad to see you go. :(

5. murraynt

murraynt Modder

You'll be back :p

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Im in!!

Also. Dont go mate. Maybe take a break if it helps but dont go!

7. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

If you feel it will help, then by all means take a break. I would prefer you don't leave for good though, I've enjoyed your presence on the forums and don't feel you've spoiled any threads at all.

In any case, it's been a pleasure.

8. Tynecider

Tynecider Since ZX81

I'm in

But I suggest you stay in the forums DP.

If you get stressed just watch this video:

Makes me smile every time ;-)

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Stepping back and speaking as a professional, the interactions you have here are no substitute for professional help, but they are useful to you in the healing process. My inbox is ever open to you, but I would urge you to both seek help and maintain some kind of presence here-friends are therapeutic as well.

That said, you're doing a great thing by seeking help, and it's a move more people should take. Best of luck in getting the help that you need, and we'll be here for you when you feel you can return.

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

first step : stop posting in the 'what's ruining your life ' thread. I swore to myself I would never complain in that thread ever again and I think it's been over a year since I did :thumb:

I actually think it should just be deleted. Not closed, deleted.

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Thanks for the support guys it does mean alot to me.

I very much doubt i will come back and if i did it would only be to lurk, the temptation of writing something down in expectation it will fix itself would only happen again.

I need to face these things head on, my problems have become more of phobias than anything now and its time to face my fears. :)

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Damn for some reason I always thought I had a closer connection to you than anyone else on the forums. I know that's a one-sided thing but still it made me that little bit happier.

It's a dangerous business, DeadP1xels, going out your regular forum. You click onto the internet, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.

C ya man best of luck in life.

13. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Honestly I have to agree with all the others. Don't leave this forum. Even I you wind up being an a$$ you can always apologize later, and it helps relieve stress massively. Believe it or not, however new I am to B-T I'm sure I've been much more of a nuisance than you. No Posts or rants Ive seen from you strike me as anything you've described them as. Errant or awkward yes, But we all have those occasionally. All things said, Do get professional help, IT does make you a better person in the end. That's why I'm in counseling for my depression. However, Don't leave behind a community like this. I believe I can speak for everyone when I say we can take a lot of flak. In the end leaving could hurt you more than you think. Look at Kayin: He posts here and writes beautiful articles to help relieve some stress. You've done similarly so staying would be very wise of you.

14. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Hi DeadP1xels, I hope you are doing as well as you can be given your situation. Firstly let me just say that whilst the giveaway is a wonderful gesture don't count me in, I wouldn't know what do do with the bits :p

Now, a break from the forums might not be such a bad idea for you. I have done the same thing in the past for different reasons, but with the same sentiment. It's something that we all need to do from time to time as real life calls us to sort things out.

Whilst I have watched you propping up the awesome and ruining threads and wondered whether you were doing the right thing a few times, I never really spoke up. But I agree wholeheartedly with what Scroome said in the ruining thread the other day (which I assume was one of the catalysts for this thread). Trust me when I say that he said what he said with your welfare in mind and nothing else. You aren't annoying anyone posting in those threads - it's what they are there for.

Kayin has kindly offered you the use of his private messaging inbox. He is an upstanding citizen and a trained counsellor. I'm not a counsellor, but if you ever want a different opinion on anything you are more than welcome to ping me a message as well. At worst my advice will be irrelevant, but it might sometimes be interesting too as we all gather different experiences and perspectives on life as we get older.

If it helps, should you choose not to return to the forums I'll remember you as a genuine, pleasant, good-natured chap who wore his heart on his sleeve. Don't feel you have to be a stranger, but if you do really want to go then that's 100% your choice. Just know that if you do decide to come back after a break you will be welcomed with open arms.

Good luck with whatever you get up to out there in the real world, you'll get some breaks soon and things will be on the up - of that I'm certain.

:)

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You'll be back Deadpixels!

Im in! :)

16. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Im in!

17. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Im in!

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Im in!

You'll be back.. we all come back... I came back.

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I'm in please.

20. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Hey D.P,

I just wanted to say a few things, to perhaps explain myself better.

I'm sure (and I see) that there are many people here who will be sorry to see you go, and I can include myself in that group.

You're posts were an integral part of the social relationship that is strong in these forums and I think I can confidently say, that the vast majority of people never thought of your posts as 'abusing the threads'.

All said and done, that's what the general threads are for. You can post as many times as you like and you used that as a way to talk about some of the problems/acheivements you were having. That's always been a good thing.

You obviously felt comfortable conveying these to us and in no harmful way has the community here reacted.

As Shirty has said, my post meant no ill will towards you and I hope that you understand I really was acting in what I thought would be of benefit to you.

Please have a think before deciding to leave these forums forever. A three year relationship is always hard to break from, but of course it is ultimately your life and your choices.

You're still young and have plenty of time to look at the problems you think you have, and to work through them. You also have an awesome community of people who are well experienced in being great listeners and thinkers. The offer from Kayin was most kind and he is certainly one of the most level headed people I have ever seen here.

I wish you all the best in the choices you make and remember, there never really are bad choices, because we learn from each of them.

Shirty likes this.