1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Parvum, a personal record (shared). Done (ish).

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Kronos, 21 Jun 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I appreciate that this build will not have the panache and obvious skills of most of the builds here so this is more of a personal record shared if thats OK?

Parvum case parts arrived Thursday and looking good. The last two images show the PCI slots of which I needed 5 as I have Gigabyte board. Obviously this impacted on the sizes of the rest of the parts. Even in its flat state it looks good.

There is a large bag of bits and no sign of fitting instructions so a email to Justin at the works provided me with a link to a Youtube video which looks like it will be a great help in putting this case together. https://www.youtube.com/user/ParvumSystems.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Aug 2014
  2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Putting it together.

After viewing the video I decided that it would probably be good to assemble the case making sure that I knew what bit went where with what screw fixing as there are 4 bags of black screws a bag of silver a couple of alum keys and a bewildered look on my face.

Base.

[​IMG]

Front and back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Base and motherboard tray.

[​IMG]

Back added.

[​IMG]

With front.

[​IMG]

Have not discovered this bits purpose yet.

[​IMG]

Top.

[​IMG]

Right side.

[​IMG]

And finally the left side.

[​IMG]

There are one or two screws which are pretty tricky to get in to tighten up. To make it easier I cut a spare alum key so it was straight which enabled me to tighten the awkward screws most of the way before using a right angled key to fully tighten. Talking of tightening I discovered at sometimes it was necessary to loosen previous screws to enable to fully line up the next screw to the cube.

The overall stand of fitting is exemplary, my only criticism is I would liked to have fixed the PCI slot part more securely rather than it's present sandwich between the to back parts. But a minor point.

I am left with one little cube connector and rather a lot of screws. I think I have enough spare components to be able to see how everything fits in this case and work out where to place the lighting.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2014
  3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Case feet.

I have a set of these which I do like. http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog...MOlC03eYYIRTIm69_m8N0R2RKX-L9PFuCxqEVD8Dw_wcB and thought they might go well with this case.

They have an rubber inner which I decided to glue in place and rather than bolt the feet to my case I am going to try double sided tape. (See image).

[​IMG]

Feet placed but not fitted, not sure as yet.

[​IMG]

Although I have loads of different lighting choices I have decide to purchase another strip of blue LED's but I will not decide which ones I am going to use until I have transferred components and decided where to place the lighting.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2014
  4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Cabling

I have started to sort out cabling as I want it to be white. I have a Silverstone Strider PSU and have orders a bunch of white sleeved cables. I also need to do the front panel connections and SATA which I have just completed.

[​IMG]

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Is looking good Glenn!

I hope the illness subsides so you can get it all finished up :)

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks mate. I feel you should get some sort of award as you are the only one to comment in 2,802 views. I shall have to think of something suitable.

8. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I would comment but cant see pics (guessing work blocking host place?) :( Will sub though, so I get spammed with emails to remind me to look at home/phone! :thumb:

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hey my comment to Margo Baggins was nothing more than a bit of fun. I appreciate my build/project is nothing compared to most of the other project logs here.

10. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Haha, it's ok mate! I've wasted about 1m square of MDF on my scratch build.. I think I've finally cracked the case layout now! So you're not the only one that feels it wont be as good as some on here, but it's a PARVUM case and i've never seen a finished build that doesn't look awesome in them! :clap: Also, the fact it's a custom PARVUM makes it different to everything else straight away! I honestly cant wait to see the final pics and compare to the normal ones!

11. Akira749

Akira749 What's a Dremel?

I don't know if you have figure out now...but this piece is to secure your SSD's or HDD's.

Here's an example : [​IMG]

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Thanks mate and yes I did figure it out. Thanks for asking.

13. Akira749

Akira749 What's a Dremel?

No problems! :thumb:

I will follow this Parvum build for sure!

14. saxovtsmike

saxovtsmike Minimodder

5slot parvum, omg, and now just make an inverted mAtx one..

15. Jeffinslaw

Jeffinslaw What's a Dremel?

Looks good, I'm a fan of the Parvum cases. Thinking about doing a new build using one of them...

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hopefully with a bout of illness almost behind me I can get this build sorted. Decided to buy myself an Enermax ETS-T40 all white. OTT perhaps but it cheered me up and I was feeling a little sorry for myself. Had not realised it was quite as big as it is, but hey ho.

[​IMG]

17. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

that cooler looks nice, I like things when they are in ice white.

How much more is left for this build? when are you going to finish?

PUT UP MOAR PICTURES :)

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Glenn - this is shaping up nicely. Can't wait to see some more pictures!

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hopefully Friday, although I have been at deaths door I have not been completely idle I have sleeved every cable I could and yesterday I actually cut a small nick in the blue motherboard tray to allow a lighting cable through. Easier than I thought but nonetheless I was a bit apprehensive given the cost of the case and my cack handedness.

20. Ozzie

Ozzie Fork 'andles I wanted

Hi Glenn, I have been following this from the start, great case and look forward to seeing the finished item with all it's bells and whistles and flashing lights, sorry to hear you have been unwell again.

Ray