1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Wired2Fire Multiplay Raffle: Win this amazing water-cooled PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 18 Aug 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. exceededgoku

exceededgoku What's a Dremel?

Epic competition prize!

3. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Thanks for the prizes, but .... this is another Failbook only thing. Without me, I won't like something I have no opinion on. FB likes have no meaning nowaday since you trade them for a chance to win something. They could be real likes or only attemps to win something.

Good luck to the participants and thanks again for the price :thumb:. I just dont like the way competitions are held now.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I personally see it as no different as competitions that ask a ridiculously easy 'A,B,C' question (usually with the answer given at the same time), so I don't get the fuss. I understand why they do a Facebook only comp as it is obviously aimed at a different line of marketing. The thing that annoys me is that there never seems to be a follow up stating who won what and when, with any images of the winners with their prizes. It's like there are these prizes and then they mysteriously all disappear. It also sucks that when you do find out winners of these types of competitions, the winners are those who would be spending thousands on their PCs every year or two. I know 'fairness' doesn't come in to it but it would be nice to see someone really benefit from these prizes. I am sure many will think I am just being a jealous cynic (I won't deny either accusation) but I also believe that there are many, many people who just ignore these comps as they just don't see the point. I mean, I entered each and every Christmas comp last year and not that I 'expected' to win anything but there was no further involvement either. It just all feels like a complete waste of time with the goods going to 'allocated' people.

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Hi SchizoFrog. We'll be working closely with the Wired2Fire and Multiplay guys on this one, so we'll be sure to be very transparent and do a follow up article on this on Thursday when the comp closes, where we'll announce the winners of the prize raffle tickets and day tickets.

6. SchizoFrog

No worries Combatus. It wasn't meant to be a total dig at Bit-Tech and as I said, I am a cynic and I just imagine the PC going to someone who already has a monster machine (or several) who will most likely strip it for parts which will eventually turn up in a 'MOTM' and gain even further hardware prizes.

For what it's worth though, I had 'Liked' the post long before I started commenting. I mean, if I can take the time to moan then I can at least 'Like' something on FB. :)

7. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

Excellent prize. Pray to the Gods to win!

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I'd have loved to enter, but I wont be joining facebook for it!

9. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Fantastic price, I want one.........

10. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

So we're liking to be in with a chance of winning a ticket to be in with a chance of winning a ticket or pc.

Well a chance of a chance of a new pc is better than my laptop so I liked it.

11. raxonb

raxonb Minimodder

FB only...not kool

Still good luck to those who entered.

12. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Also don't do facebook 'like'competitions. This is about generating brand awareness. Maybe bit-tech will reach a few more people and gain some readers increasing site traffic thus generating more ad revenue and I can't fault them for doing this, it's a perfectly reasonable business practise, in fact they would be silly not to do it.

But at the same time there it would be nice to see some competitions aimed at those who have helped to make the site what it is. Just look at what The Great Satan has done and what his actions have done for his rep.

Getting people here is one thing, making them stay is another.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2014
  13. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

XSPC Raystorm water block insides are copper, I presume the radiator is brass or copper as well.

Asus ROG Poseidon has aluminum insides, just like the ranger mobo block (they fixed this on the new rangers, huzzah).

this loop isn't going to last a year, even with proper cleaning >_>

14. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

You should take a glance at the graph for 'likes' on the B-T page... infamous hockey stick or what!?

15. jopers1986

jopers1986 Minimodder

It's a real like for me, i would really LIKE to win this....!:naughty:

16. SchizoFrog

I find it annoying and frustrating that so often when I have a negative opinion about something on here, so many respond (including some of those commenting above) by saying that no one is forcing me to do this or that, and yet no one is forcing you to enter this FREE 'competition', (if indeed it can be called a competition, surely it's more of a lottery?).
    Bit-Tech survives on readers and subscriptions and they constantly need to try to raise those numbers, that is exactly what this will do. In an ideal situation, this will benefit all readers, however, how this extra exposure is handled is a completely different matter. Facebook has the widest audience potential but the Bit-Tech page gets a handful of article updates, there are more articles on the Bit-Tech website but that too is limited and pushes you towards the magazine and hopefully a subscription.
    I don't like the MOTM/MOTY articles/competitions as I have a serious issue with the way they are run and it is a side of Bit-Tech that I have strong feelings about(put simply, it's like a members only club where everyone sits around patting each other on the back and every member gets 'looked after'). So I don't bother reading the articles any more. I may have a quick look at the images (yes, I know this counts as a hit and therefore as another page that has been 'read') but that is it.
    Anyway, I don't want to turn this is to 'reasons I don't like Bit-Tech' any more than I have to, I just feel that many of the comments here smack of hypocrisy.

17. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Want, want, want... ah Facebook; oh well.

18. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I've won a bit-tech comp and did indeed get the prizes. I did then need the money from the later marketplace sale more than the marginally better PSU and CPU cooler or huge case but oh well.

19. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Could you clarify a little what you meant by that? I'm not sure I fully understood it but while I agree our Facebook page needs some work, we've been focussing a lot in recent months on ensuring there's a constant flow of decent content on the main site - in what ways do you feel it's limited?

As for "pushes you towards the magazine and hopefully a subscription", I have to take issue with that. There's now only a single mention of CPC on the site; a small (and outdated) advert on the home page. The two publications are owned and managed by entirely different publishers. Granted, Antony, Rick, Gareth and I all write regularly for both, so it ultimately benefits us if people choose to read both, but none of us use one to promote the other.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2014
  20. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Oh the miserable masses come out of the woodwork yet again.

Facebook is a great tool to build your audience, competitions are a great way to gain you extra 'likes' on your page. Great stuff BT.

Please, please ignore all the whining, moaning idiots above.

And, just so you all know, last time I wrote a comment like this, I got a load of rep, so its not just me.

Toodle pip.

Tags: Add Tags