1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories Officially Unveiled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 25 Mar 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'm due for an upgrade in a couple of months and having played around with my wife's S3, I'm not too fussed with the Samsung overlay of the OS, yes I know I could just flash another OS on there but that's not something I have felt the need to do with my HTC One X.

At the moment, the Sony Z2 has my eye with a bit of a side glance towards the LG Flex.

My wife will be upgrading a little before me so I shall see what she goes for although she is looking for something with dual SIM capability (Dutch SIM for her mum to text and call her on as well as UK)

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I still don't get this sort of wireless charging. It's basically no more practical than a wire as you still need the dock for it to work. In fact, since you need the dock, it's even less practical for travelling with. I can see the advantages I guess with charging multiple devices, and how in theory it could remove the need for specific phone chargers too. All I know is that my wireless charging dock is sitting in a cupboard waiting to be recycled.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's exactly it, wireless charging would be great if it were be able to be done at a distance but having to lie the phone on a pad, you may as well just plug it in. Most of us now have so many usb chargers dotted around at home or work that simply plugging them in is not a problem, unless you don't happen to be using a standard socket of course...

5. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I find wireless chargers very convenient. Come home, drop the phone roughly on the pad, it starts charging without mucking about with cables. No strain on the notoriously weak micro USB port either.

6. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Seconded - wireless charger by my bed, no fiddling around with silly little plugs when tired or simply forgetting. Or damaging the cable when you answer that early morning call.

Was a big fan of the S2, but when it came to renewing earlier this year I looked at the Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony phones and they all felt rather bloated. Having had the original Google phone (G1), I felt all the rubbish these manufacturers put on top was just getting in the way or duplicating google's own (very good) apps. Bought a Nexus 5 and I don't think I will be moving from vanilla android any time soon, it's luverly.

7. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

So you can't have the S View case and wireless charging as both replace the back cover? Doh!

Tags: Add Tags