1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XFX GTX 295 1792MB Single PCB + Waterblock

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by bdigital, 8 Feb 2012.

1. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Ok first of all, my apologies if this is not allowed in the folding forum, but a friend who visits here recommended I give it a try as this card is a good folder.

Anyway, before I go to the bay its worth a shot! Mods....please except my apologies if I have broken a rule, this is also listed in the market place.

Awesome card for sale here! Very powerful. Review here: http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-single-pcb-review/ Specs here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gtx_295_us.html

Waterblock here: (currently fitted) http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/EK-Water-Blocks-EK-FC295-GTX-Single-PCB-BACK-Acetal_19713.html

Pictures here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/album.php?albumid=1750

Im after £110 inc Delivery, but i am open to sensible offers. Can only get to post office on Saturdays.

This does not come in original packaging, and does not have the stock air cooler. But the price is inclusive of a very good waterblock which is already fitted. Any questions, just give me a shout :) Thank you! :thumb:

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Unfortunately I don't think many of us water-cool our folding rigs.
    But you might get lucky and find one that dose.

Looks nice card.

3. bdigital

Thats fine, I appreciate the reply. I just didnt want to put this on the bay before making sure it couldnt be used by a fellow bit tech member instead.

Thanks anyway

4. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Did you manage to sell it? I've got one of the dual card ones that I'm looking to sell so I'm looking for the best place to move it on....

5. bdigital

Im afraid not :(

Dropped price to £100 inc (including waterblock and stock cooler) and there was still no interest.

Im planning to ebay it now, just have not had the time recently!

6. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

Both my folding rigs are fully water-cooled. Whats the PPD like on a 295? I may be interested, yours too Nattysnuc (if i can find a cooler for it).

J.

7. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

I think you'll find that's Tattysnuc :)

PPD is about the 18k mark when overclocked IIRC - mine did 666 on the CPU comfortably folding 24/7. Not sure what Bobby's will do - it may be a better overclocking model. The card of choise may come down to which one you have more space for. The single card models are marginally slimmer - not sure if they are any longer as a consequence.

The dual card (sandwich) models were purported to have a better VRM circuitry as they could be adjusted in software. I've not tested that out in practicce theory out though so I can't guarantee that.

I'm still testing mine, so I'm not even sure if my motherboard dying on me has fried that (as well as the 2600K... GRRRRRRRR).

I can certainly vouch for BDigital's marketplace prowess. The fella's an absolute star and I'm sure anything you buy from him will be top notch.

bdigital likes this.
  8. bdigital

Thanks for providing the PPD info Tattysnuc :D

I still have the card, and you can see pictures in my profile :thumb: