1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Quad Loop Water cooing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigBig5, 12 Sep 2011.

1. BigBig5

BigBig5 Single Braid Sleeving

I want to make a Quad Loop Water cooing setup. How would I start this? I only found info on dual loop.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I did quad loop once.

Never again. I would suggest re-examining why you want to do so. If it's just for looks, dump the idea. If it's for performance, one loop can often outperform two.

4. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

I have quad loop,(and room for more if i require)

Why, Coz i can.

How?. well i used 4 pumps and split bay resevoirs are useful, if you wanna save bays, if case too small.

I assume you want to do ram, cpu,gpu,nb?.

Having separate loops makes it so easy for maintenance, not having to drain cpu loop, if you just wanna clean out gpu, etc.

Id start with a big case though if possible, to fit it all inside.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Well RAM is pointless, as it produces no heat these days. Motherboard and CPU could easily be tied in together with no performance loss. So that just leaves a sepperate GPU loop, but is it really worth the cost of a sepperate pump, res, rad just for a tiny amount of performance gain? For my I'd prefer to spend the money on SSD's...

With multi loops there's very few pro's and many con's...

6. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

I completely agree with Bloody_Pete. I run cpu(2600K)//gpu(2x560Ti) and when folding the water only hits 37C. My rad is a 2x140 in the top of the HAF-X. 2 loops at most will probably work for you.

7. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

you have to do it, I'm running triple...Loads of loops are fun.:clap::clap:

And in the not so distant future I will be doing some thing with 4 loops....But now I'm revealing to much...lol

8. KayinBlack

Loads of loops are loads of problems.

Besides, temps actually can suffer doing single loops for everything. Due to the thermal capacity of water, it's better to aggregate your radiators and use redundant pumps for safety.

9. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

You are, however, quite mad... :p

10. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I came from a single loop with a 360 and 240 rad on my tri SLI setup and CPU. Basically I was boiling the water.
    I then went to a triple loop setup. 360 rad for the GPU. 240 for the CPU, and 240 for the mobo chipset.
    I now at present have 2 loops. Gpu's and CPU with a 1080 rad, and 240 rad for the mobo chipset.
    This works very well and keeps everything very cool due to the amount of water in the loop. With the overclocks in my sig, CPU temps maxes out at 60c. Gpu's max out at 48c after 4hrs of solid gaming.

11. KayinBlack

[​IMG]

That was a nightmare. No matter how cool it looks.

12. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

needs more tubes.

13. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

u should have each component having its own loop.... including hard drives and everything!! then you have my respect :)

14. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

That just kinda looks like a Japanese tentacle monster is trying to have sex with your motherboard. If thats the look you wanted, congrats!

Fuganater likes this.
  15. Fuganater

+rep for the chuckle

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

You're going to need a bigger loft.

17. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This. This is the only thing that you need to take from this thread. It's not a bad idea, but it's not really a good idea either. Triple loop setups are difficult enough for me, and I've been "plumbing" for a long time. If you think you can pull off a quad loop setup, good for you. My advice is still for you not to try it though.

Like KayinBlack, I've only ever done it once, and will never do it again. No amount of hardware needs four loops and they are far too difficult to install neatly unless your case is 100% custom fabricated to accept four radiators, four pumps, four reservoirs and enough tubing to plumb a bathroom with. It's just not worth the hassle and added expense. Not even a little. Not even for bragging rights.

18. PabloFunky

I certainly wouldnt of attempted a quad loop if i had a smaller case, thats for sure, but i designed my build around watercooling to start.

Ive never had any issues with any of my watercooled builds, not sure what all the problems are?.

Only issue i did have (but was on a setup/test stage, was Shitspower 45s leaking on me.

Watercooling ram is prob pointless on newer builds, my ram only gets mildly warm.

But it seriously makes it easy for maintenance with separate loops.

I think once you know loop combinations of components that are reliable, then stick with that.

I just hope i dont get a leak, with all this liquid, because im not that good at swimming.

Money wise wasnt an issue for me, but if your worried about cost, then stick with dual.

19. Fuganater

What case can even handle 4 loops? The only one I can think of is the Xigmatek Elysim

20. PabloFunky

Not sure what off the shelf can handle 4 loops, but i assume people on here will let you know.

I dont buy off the shelf cases personally, and my case is massive,