1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New parts for upgrade.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nimravus, 20 Jul 2015.

1. Nimravus

Nimravus What's a Dremel?

Hi folks, it's been a while since I upgraded and just wondering if these parts are all compatible. Main use will be editing photos in Photoshop along with watching films and general browsing. I don't have any plans for gaming or overclocking.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 Haswell Refresh Processor

Motherboard: Asus H81M-PLUS Micro-ATX Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Jet Black 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 10 XMP Dual Channel Desktop

PSU: XFX Core System Builder 550 Watt Power Supply

Think I'm ok with the cpu and board I've chosen, not just 100% if I've selected compatible memory. I'll be using bits and pieces from my current build such as case, GPU and I'll likely pick up an SSD as well. If there's something better performing (cpu & board ~ £200 ) I'd be happy to use those.

Just a question on Windows 8.1 as well as I'll need to get an OS, do all versions comply for the upgrade to 10 when it's released later this year? Any advice appreciated.

2. megadelayed

megadelayed What's a Dremel?

3. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

That will be a fine system i agree with the cheaper memory too

From windows 7 sp1 to 8.1 genuine will get a free upgrade to windows 10

4. Nimravus

Nimravus What's a Dremel?

Thanks for replies,guys appreciated. Went ahead and ordered up a few bits and pieces, hadn't seen any replies and just assumed everything was fine as no one had said about compatibility issues. Missed out on seeing that RAM though megadelayed, ah well, put it down to one of those things. Thanks again though.

5. megadelayed

megadelayed What's a Dremel?

Compatibility shouldn't really be a problem with RAM, unless you get a dud, or mix up DDR3 with DDR2 or something. Next time should look around on a few different sites to get the best bang for you buck haha, you might be able to save enough to buy a better CPU/GPU in the process.