1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Superflux LEDs - Where?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jazzzyj, 15 Jan 2013.

1. jazzzyj

jazzzyj Minimodder

right, I've been searching all over the place but I'm not getting much luck.
    I'm after some Superflux LEDs in Amber, white and probably Red.

I can find them on eBay from China, but I was wondering if anyone had a good cheap source in the UK. I had a look on the electronics FAQ page but a load of the links are out of date and don't take me anywhere useful.

Anyone have any good links. I would get from Farnell etc but they are expensive.

Thanks.

-J

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Worth checking aliexpress.com as you'll likely be able to buy them direct from the suppliers and cheaper than on eBay.

3. jazzzyj

jazzzyj Minimodder

I always assumed that those sites should be avoided?
    Had any experience with them?
    -J

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yeah I found a great supplier of high power cree LEDs on there. Made a killing selling them on eBay a couple of years ago.

Just be sure to pay on a credit card so you can claim back the money if things do go wrong.

5. jazzzyj

jazzzyj Minimodder

Any other suggestions?
    -J

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

have you checked http://www.phenoptix.com?

There is gold-yellow in selection. You can always ask if they can get amber for you in stock?

7. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

credit card?:eyebrow: I question most decisions involving credit:p. The fiends who made those are the next closest thing to con-men:wallbash: Not to doubt you, just credit;)

Though i may look at that site as well. Was about to ask the same question till I saw this thread!:lol:

8. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

No doubt there are differences between the UK and the US when it comes to them, I pay mine off in full every month so there's no extra cost than paying from a debit card.

It's just a safer way to buy online as you can claim the money back for purchases should anything go wrong, the CC issuer takes the risk.