1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More points coming...

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Christopher N. Lew, 1 Apr 2013.

1. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

2. Ben Lamb

Ben Lamb What's a Dremel?

I am keeping an eye on his too, very exciting stuff and looks like they have got opencl folding working well on the latest AMD gcn architecture cpus. It looks like the 7970 is now best for core 17 but things are constantly changing. The time will come when my smp servers will have to be shutdown and replaced by some gpus, surprised this hasn't happened allready actualy as did have a load of Nvidia gpus waiting for this but have sold them now. I hope I can use AMD instead as they are better value for money.

3. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

Will core 17 only be Kepler and GCN, or will older GPUs benefit from it as well? I'm thinking I may get another system up and running with 4 Fermi GPUs (if I can afford the electricity bills!)

4. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

5. Reiep

Reiep What's a Dremel?

Hi guys,

Sorry for the newbie question, I've been an occasional folder for quite a long time now, and I'm thinking about getting a dedicated rig in a 400-500 EUR range. I was going the CPU way until I found about all those Core 17 stuff. However it's still difficult to me to see if this is a good idea to invest in a GPU instead of a big CPU. The benchmark like the one doesn't help me to foresee what will be the gain. I suppose that the new core and the QRB will make GPU folding ahead of CPU folding ?

Thanks !

6. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

you will be better of making a new thread with your question :)

7. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

8. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Ah interesting, will be keeping an eye on this :)