1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do the chimps go from here?

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by saspro, 23 Jun 2009.

1. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Time for the serious thread.

The chimps should finish the challenge in the next 24 hours, what do we do next?

It's 22 million points to break in to the top 100 users overall or a month or so to become P1 in the CPC team.

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Sounds like a good idea

But im going back over to my username once we are done.
    I don't get many points and would like to increase my ranking :)

But good luck guys :)

next Chimp Challenge i'm up for it :)

3. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

On a Personal note I would be happy to continue with half my Clients what about you Saspro?

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I'm up for it for another month (depending on others views) but we'd need everyone onboard to hit P1.
    The guys who'd be overtaken would need to be in as well.

5. Vince_Kinslow

It would be nice to finally unseat the mighty inpharm and his great contribution.

6. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

I'd be up for the first, which should only be a few days, but need to cut back for any longer period, while I try and convince my new electricity company that the last few weeks are not typical.

7. Christopher N. Lew

From Stanford Stats, not EOC

Donator CPChimps
    Team Custom PC & bit-tech (35947)
    Score 19908940 (certificate)
    Donator Rank 97 of 1252624
    WU 30854 (certificate)
    Date of last work unit 2009-06-23 09:02:46
    Active processors
    (within 50 days) 326
    Active processors
    (within 7 days) 173

So already in top 100 :jawdrop: :clap:

Up one place from 3.00 this afternoon - is there no stopping the CPChimps?

Last edited: 23 Jun 2009
  8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I'm in 100%, it's about keeping cpc at #5 in the world for me at the moment. I'll keep my clients on cpchimps until were #1 in the team. I don't need to say again how impressive the team spirit and contribution has been throughout this whole competition. It's inspiring to say the least!

All typos care of my iPhone :)

9. Keith_Whi

Keith_Whi What's a Dremel?

Was going to swap user names tonight after success but if you guys are going to stay folding for the CPChimps then I will too. :thumb:

Lets be having that No.1 spot. :hip:

10. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

There really isn't any stopping the CPChimp enthusiasm is there? It wasn't long ago that we were all worried about how long the challenge would take us away from our own usernames. What a difference a month makes :thumb:

You know me, I’ll normally go wherever the chimps go being the lemming that I am. Saying that, I see couple of issues:

1) The guys at the top of the leaderboard might not be too happy about a push for the no 1 slot. Myself apart (and you can ignore me, everyone else does), they have been folding for CPC for years and have invested an awful lot of time, effort and money to provide the contribution that they have. It’s one thing for a sub-team to pass them as part of an agreed team challenge but quite another to deliberately do so as part of an attempt on the no 1 slot. As saspro rightly pointed out we would need their consent. We’ve got my consent of course, so just three to go but considering we had difficulty contacting them for the challenge, I’m thinking that this may be a show stopper.

2) I’m pushing a pretty high ppd right now and I’m not sure I can sustain that for a prolonged period given the likely wear and tear, especially if the weather gets warmer. Then there’s the leccy costs - the meter is spinning like a top right now. This point is just stating the obvious, and that is that we may slow down considerably even if we somehow managed to get all the chimps on board.

On balance chaps, I don’t want to be a party pooper but I really think that we ought to stop whilst we're on a high, celebrate our fantastic acheivement and pack away our chimp costumes until the next challenge.

We can always find other ways to cause mischief :D

11. Vince_Kinslow

Whilst I agree to a lot of your valid points we all have invested in Hardware leccy bills to suit how deep our pockets are. Were not all network managers with lots of kit at our disposal. Inpharm in point and a number of others in the team.

We are at the end of the day folding for the CPC team if the other top folders dont want to participate thats there choice. Failing that they can invest in more kit :naughty: If they dont make there thoughts known how can they complain!

But what the heck I will go with the consensus

12. ArthurBuse

ArthurBuse CustomBitChimps member

I am not athusiastic about this. EOC rates CPChimps as 119 in the world, Stanford as 97. We have not taken any of the easy options. When we have done what we signed on for, I think that is enough.

We can charge past inpharm and our other team mates next year. :)

Last edited: 23 Jun 2009
  13. Christopher N. Lew

Lets not forget that at the end of the day we all folding to increase biochemical and medical knowledge, and that points and teams are just a fun way of being competitive.

14. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

Which valid points did you actually agree with mate :lol:

SECURITY!! Vince has gone ape on me. Hold on a second, that's what he's supposed to do, he's a chimp :D

I suspect we might struggle to get a consensus on this one.

15. Vince_Kinslow

Does that mean your no longer going to be my folding Sugar Daddy :naughty: :lol:

In mind most of your points are valid just offering a different view point :geek:

I guess CPChimps die tomorrow then. Great while it lasted :waah:

16. phoenicis

phoenicis Retired Chimp

We're chimps, we don't fall out :p If we can't have a good natured difference of opinion on the forum then there would be no point in coming here in the first place. I'll be folding for you, for a couple of days, as soon as we're back to our usernames.

That is, provided you stop with the whole sugar daddy thing :worried:

Same thing applies to any other participant interested a bit of a compensatory points boost (except for the really big hitters that is. I'd be at it all year). We've just got to be sure that we don't put anybody in a better position than if they never took part. I think that would unfair to other CPC team members.

As to the suspension (not death) of CPChimps, that's not up to me.

17. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Given that the publicity for the CPChimps was limited this first time round, due to there being no mention in the mag, I would have thought that, rather than prolonging this campaign, you might want to wait for next years one, and go for that all guns ablazing.

Saying that, if you guys want to roll ahead to overtake inpharm's legend score, that's fine by me .... just don't go too far past him, as I think it would be nice to see a non-corporate, individual Folder at the top of the team ... perhaps someone like myself!! :D :lol: :hehe:

[​IMG]

18. Keith_Whi

Keith_Whi What's a Dremel?

Ok, me thinks I may be changing my name back for the time being. :idea:

Will keep me eye out for the return.. !! :)

19. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

I can see SAS's logic on this as it would be pretty cool to get in the top 100 :D

How many points do we actually need to get into the top 100? If we are talking just a few weeks I dont mind aiming most of my PPD at CPChimps still.

Otherwise longer term I would be up for going halves or something on my PPD with my own name and CPChimps ~25k ish

I will go with the Chimpin flow if there are enough of us who are up for it :rock:

20. Vince_Kinslow

No offence meant chap no more mention of SG :worried: :lol: