1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards "BIOSTAR TPOWER I55 - Intel LGA1156" ROCK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by windwithme, 23 Jul 2009.

1. windwithme

windwithme Minimodder

With the coming of September, the latest Intel LGA 1156 platform of high-intermediate level is also coming.
    On this platform, Intel recently added the support of Core i7 processor, so in future both Core i5 and Core i7 processors can be used,
    the successful development that can improve the efficiency more effectively.

At present, the sale of LGA 1156 platform is not available before September,
    but, despite of the fact that the economic is still depressed,
    there have been a lot of MB manufacturers planning promotion for more attractive products based on this new platform.
    Currently, the price of X58 is at US$ 200~300; the price of P55 motherboard of LGA 1156 is expected to be sold at about US$ 100~300;
    and the price of most products of P55, at about US$ 120~200, the same product level as P35 and P45 before.

Why is the price of P55 as almost high as that of X58? Actually, X58 is deemed as a high level product;
    P55, higher than intermediate level and lower than high one.
    Therefore, the price of P55 and of X58 is nearly the same; as for X58, for several months there have been many product series based on this chipset,
    and they are priced at about US$ 200. At first, the price of P55 should be probably the same as that of P45,
    with intermediate level at US$ 150~200, or with high level at nearly US$ 300.

We are going to introduce BIOSTAR P55 product, the highest level version, the price of which is at about US$ 200.
    The most important feature of BIOSTAR products is easy to overclock, and supplies at reasonable prices.
    The price of highest-level P55 is the same as that of elementary-level X58.

Full view of BIOSTAR TPOWER I55
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BIOSTAR’s design and material are much better than ever. It is also one of the best MB manufacturers.
    My favourite blue and big heat pipe make the quality excellent.

Down-left of the motherboard
    2 X PCIE X16(support ATI CrossFireX and Nvidia SLI technology, X8+X8 bandwidth)
    1 X PCI-E X4
    2 X PCI-E X1
    2 X PCI
    Dual LAN Intel 82578/Realtek RTL8111DL, support 2Gb LAN Teaming
    For multi VGAs, X series chipset uses X16+X16 bandwidth,
    but P series chipset, limited X8+X8 bandwidth.
    [​IMG]

Down-right of the motherboard
    6 X SATAII(ICH10R,support Raid0,1,5)
    Power/Reset button and debug LEDs
    1394a uses LSI chipset
    [​IMG]

Up-right of the motherboard
    4 X DIMM DDR3,support 800/1066/1333/1600/2000+
    1 X IDE
    24PIN power input,DDR3 uses 2phase
    [​IMG]

Power supply uses 8 phase CPU Power,4 phase CPU NB
    [​IMG]

IO
    8 X USB 2.0
    2 X eSATA
    2 X Gigabit LAN
    1 X 1394a
    [​IMG]

Although north and south bridge are combined in P55, BIOSTAR still add a big heat sink on the traditional north bridge location,
    the design that makes not only the appearance more attractive, but also cooler area bigger.
    [​IMG]

Picture of LGA 1156 with Core i7 870
    [​IMG]

2. windwithme

windwithme Minimodder

The lacquered quality of heat pipe is great, with amazing design of finned plates and cooler area.
    [​IMG]

LGA 1156 platform is becoming available in the market in less two months. According to more and more news from the Internet,
    Intel is going to categorise its products into three kinds of platforms— LGA 775, i3/i5/i7(LGA 1156), i5/i9(LGA 1366).
    As customers, they may think there are too many product series and different sockets; hence, they easily feel confused and do not know how to choose. All in all,
    the launch of new products can renew the old product series faster.

Since LGA 1366 is deemed as high-level products, it is inadequate for LGA775 for non high-level products.
    So, the coming of LGA 1156 can make Intel platforms more complete, and customers, depending upon their budget, therefore have more choices.
    Let’s look forward to waiting MB manufacturers’ products, and price of Intel LGA 1156 CPU.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

so where is the southbridge located in this board? the usual area or like Gigabyte's layout?

apart from the lack of SATA ports (already using 5, looking to upgrade to at least 8). i really like the other features of this board

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Aside from the Color Scheme and the disappointing Biostar boards as of late, this may be a good choice.

On another note, that is a really odd way of writing wind in calligraphy.

5. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Isn't P55 a single-chip chipset?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dura-Max. LOL!

We've been insinuating in the office that it's a cross between a battery and a condom to keep you going longer..

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

exactly, and i see 2 heatsinks in the conventional LGA775's loation. so im asking which heatsink contains the actual chip

8. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Hmm interesting, didn't notice that it has two heatsinks before this!

Maybe these first P55 boards aren't single-chip after all? Or does somebody have an explanation?

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes they are single chip. It just looks faster to have two heatsinks.

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

IMO, it looks as if inorder to keep the chipset cool, but the heatsink on it small, they have just added the second heatsink, and connected the two with a heatpipe.

This looks interesting, especially if its the same price as a current P45 board, think i shall wait to see the benchmarks comparing LGA1156 to LGA775, bindi will you be doing something along those lines come review time?

11. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Damn that is one nice board, and someone please tell me who that guy is? He doesn't post much but it always seems to be mobo previews lol, I've also seen him do other mobo previews on other forums. I LOVE HIM!

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's not a bad looking board other than the cream-coloured slots and bits, that just ruins it imo.

Either way, it could be a good board. LGA1156 is looking better and better all the time.