1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films What if they rebooted Star Wars?

Discussion in 'General' started by johnnyboy700, 13 Jul 2010.

1. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Terrible, wrapped in a blanket of awful, with a dollop of useless.

Draksis likes this.
  3. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Star Wars was just the original trilogy, imo.

Loved them, but the 'modern' ones are just sci-fi movies with the name 'Star Wars' attached.

By all means make a film , but stop milking the classic 3 originals.

Mr Mario likes this.
  4. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

If Lucas tried to force (excuse pun) midichlorians into the original trilogy I would be at the ranch with a pitchfork. It's not broke George, don't fix it.
    If he wanted to have another go at the prequels I wouldn't be too fussed, in fact I could help him out. Get rid of the virgin birth aspect, midichlorians, Darth Vader building the campest droid in the universe, artoo-deetoo flying, yoda jumping around, Jar-Jar Binx, Luke's mum dying from a "broken heart", just realised this list will probably amount to, bin the lot and start again. Go and see the guys at Dark Horse comics, Timothy Zahn or Kevin J Anderson and relearn how to write good Star Wars. /rant

5. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

So what's this, the third reboot already?

6. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Lucas probably lost some money with the banking collapse, so he needs some ' money i found in the sofa ' to keep him going.

7. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

Seems that "Star Wars Episode VII:" is trending on twitter at the moment, my favourite so far is Star Wars Episode VII: Lucas needs a ranch extension

8. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I'd be quite interested in a less epic Star Wars film. Maybe taking place mostly on one planet, with a more intimate story.

I always felt that the recent trilogy failed because they tried to do too much and tried to force everything to make it feel 'epic'.

Look at films like Moon, which manage to do modern sci-fi well without ridiculous $200M budgets and CG overload.

They should tone it down and try something different.

Last edited: 13 Jul 2010
  9. Mork

Mork What's a Dremel?

This pretty much.

10. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Yey.

I think it could be redone, but keep the script the same and just improve the look of it all. That storyline should NOT be messed with. You'd have a job getting the actors right though...

Also, 3D is mentioned. Not a fan of 3D as it is, wearing glasses on top of glasses is neither comfortable or particularly dignified.

11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I think George Lucas should go back home and watch Seven Samurai about a dozen times. Then, he might remember why the original trilogy worked, and he'll give up on this quest to destroy whatever good remains of the Star Wars franchise.

It's not about the technology, George. Forget 3D. Forget "synthespians." Take down the green screens and build a damn set. All the space ships, laser canons, and lightsabers were secondary to the actual story that was going on.

12. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Hahahaha!
    Totally agree - +rep for you sir! :thumb:

sig'ed

13. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

This.
    If they need to make a new film what about setting it thousands of years before the other films, like the new game sw: old rebuplic.

14. Valo

Valo Minimodder

starwars is not matrix, there's no reboot option

Jimbob94 likes this.
  15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

This is the problem with today's entertainment industry. The complete lack of new ideas is a bit sad, really.

All Hollywood and game producers spit out seems to be sequels (and in extreme cases prequels released after the initial film) of older, popular titles. Just because the original were good doesn't mean that the sequel will be.

I'm not saying that all sequels are bad, but Mr. Lucas should REALLY start thinking about making something else than new iterations of the Star Wars titles. Just do a quick search on IMDB and you'll see how many film, game and series titles there are of Star Wars.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Already rebooted:-

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies! :D

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The first rule of Star Wars is: We don't talk about The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith.
    The second rule of Star Wars is: We. Don't. Talk. About. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith.

+1. It's time to let go now, and have another good idea. Or he'll just end up like the Wachowski brothers --oops, too late...

18. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

The Matrix was brilliant and the Blu-ray version doubly so. It's a damn shame they never made any sequels.

On topic, I'm a leave this here. It's a clip from the Star Wars Holiday Special which a lot of you kids may never have even heard of. It really happened. Actually, I'm pretty sure this deserves a gritty CGI reboot as well.

Also, Han shot first.

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Very true.

:thumb: Did you pick up the remastered original cuts of Star Wars on doovde? I treasure mine.

20. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Yep, sat in the collection along with the 1950's War of the Worlds*, Lexx et al.

*It's a shame they never did a remake set in New Jersey with that guy from Top Gun. Because, y'know, Horsell Common is just sooo passé.

Hah, denial isn't just a river in Egypt.