1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Clio immobiliser troubles

Discussion in 'General' started by philipd, 18 Mar 2009.

1. philipd

philipd What's a Dremel?

hi can someone tell me how too bypass my clio immobiliser the sensors have broken off so i can start it . it a 96 clio

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

What do you mean the sensors have "broken off" ?

3. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Without the sensor, the immobiliser cannot be bypassed unless you are a professional.

The roof sensor only receives the signal and passes it to the ECU. The ECU in the car is what actually decodes the signal.

if you hunt around on ebay, you should be able to find a new receiver eye for under £50. It just clips into the roof.

If you are dead set about getting it disabled, there is a firm in the midlands that you can mail your ECU to (they will provide instructions to remove it) and they will disable it for you - it costs about £100.

I don't have the address on me, but send me a PM if you need it and i'll find it on my work machine at somepoint this week.

Also can you provide pictures of snapped - i might be able to assist you in a makeshift repair guide...

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I love this post, signing up for a computer forum and asking how to hotwire a car!

mvagusta likes this.
  5. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

It could be genuine - for that age it would be a MK1 Clio, which do have immobiliser issues - mainly through water ingress through the arial / sunroof.

I would know, bought an old one for £200 quid and spend a Saturday cleaning the IR receiver with WD40 and fixing the roof so it wouldn't happen again - two months on it's still ok so hopefully it'll stay that way - only problem I have is the range is a little bit short, but I can live with it....

6. philipd

philipd What's a Dremel?

immobiliser 96 clio

the sensors have broken off the ciruit board i want to sell the car on as i have got a new 1 but no-one wants a car that wont start

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Grab a soldering iron and jam them back on?

Otherwise you'll have to go down a scrappy and change the ECU/immobilizer control.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I used to drive a late 90's Citroen that had one of those type of immobys... hes talking about the circuit board sticking out of the extra key that has a socket next to the ignition... sorry mate but if you've broken that theres nothing you can do but get it replaced with another immobilizer assembly. And that's going to take a mechanic or at the very least an electronic engineer.

9. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Nope with a MK1 Clio there are 3 infrared receviers on a circuit board just in front of the sunroof - the connection on them is a tad flimsy. My bet is he's lost those.

All you need to do is get a new receiver eye, and clip it in - you need to remove the plastic surround/ light assembly which is easy enough, unplug the old one and plug the new one in

Have you got any pics of the damage?