1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Possible to clone screen from laptop to tablet?

Discussion in 'Software' started by onse, 26 Mar 2011.

1. onse

onse What's a Dremel?

Is this possible? I need to buy a netbook and clone the netbook's screen to another display wirelessly without internet.

Deosn't matter what OS tablet has. Netbook is going to be most likely Win 7.

2. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

Best bet would be a VNC of some nature, TightVNC, ultraVNC, RealVNC, many to pick from.

3. onse

onse What's a Dremel?

I watched some videos about those VNC's on youtube and they all seem to lag a lot :( is there some VNC that doesn't lag?

4. Fruitloaf

Fruitloaf Tinkerer

5. onse

onse What's a Dremel?

I don't have either the netbook or the tablet yet. Have to know working solution first before I can choose what to buy.

I'll borrow another laptop next week and test out if those softwares work with 'ad hoc' or bluetooth. Maxivista seemed to have smooth cloning, wondering why they have disabled comments on their youtube videos though.

What's the specific software for android tablets you were talking about, VNC? VNC's seem to have a lot of lag. You might mean iDisplay? That doesn't work with ad hoc or bluetooth, and it doesn't support cloning.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2011
  6. Fruitloaf

Fruitloaf Tinkerer

iDisplay is what I was thinking of for Android, I haven't really played around with it but is there not a way to work around that? If not VNC would be your best bet.

You can create "infrastructure" networks from a Windows 7 laptop, the easiest way to do that is a bit of software called connectify.

7. onse

onse What's a Dremel?

Yeah I asked about that from the iDisplay developers. No mirroring/cloning with their software.

VNC + connectify? Doesn't that connectify thing need internet connection?

8. tehBoris

tehBoris What's a Dremel?

A network connection yes, a connection to the internet no.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The speed/quality of VNC is going to depend on your network speed. Over a local network it'll be fine. Over an internet connection might be a different story. The lag you're seeing could just be the screencasting software they're using to record the videos.

I've used VNC over local networks for years without any speed/lag issues whatsoever.