1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Why I should not buy this 560 Ti?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by M_1008, 13 Sep 2011.

1. M_1008

M_1008 What's a Dremel?

Well, Battlefield 3 is coming out at one time or another and my GPU is not going to do the job.

After looking around a little I came across with this one wich costs a little more than I´ve expected to pay, but I like it.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/asus_geforce_gtx_560_ti_directcu_ii_top_1gb_gddr5.html

Why I shouldn´t buy it? Any recomendation?

My goal is to play at 1920x1080 @>30 fps and this is the rest of my config:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz (wich I could overclock).
    - Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard.
    - 4x1GB GEIL DDR2 800 RAM (that old model with orange heatsinks).

Thanks in advance and excuse me about my poor english.

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

No reason you shouldn't buy it. The ASUS one and the MSI Twin Frozr are two of the most recomended 560Tis.

Definitely overclock the CPU if you don't want to upgrade the rest of it as well. If you could stretch a GTX570 would serve you better, but the 560Ti is still no slouch.

Edit: Go for the normal ASUS DirectCUII rather than than the TOP. Just overclock it yourself and save some pennies.

3. Bede

Bede Minimodder

It's a good card with an excellent cooler, get it. I think you will need to overclock your CPU - BF3 is looking to be fairly CPU intensive - and the RAM could perhaps be better, but idk so much about DDR2.

4. M_1008

M_1008 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your answers.

Now I´m deciding between the ASUS at 219€ or the MSI at 212€, both including Arkham City.

Listening to the reviews I´ve been watching, the MSI is a little better and I don´t think that the ROG T-shirt that comes with the ASUS is worth 7€.

EDIT: OK, in can get the non TOP ASUS at 199€ but I guess that the factory OC in the MSI should be more stable knowing that I´m a total noob at overclock.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2011
  5. Simon Poole

Simon Poole What's a Dremel?

Just bear in mind the DirectCU coolers are often triple slot.
    If I recall, that particular one is 2.5 slots? Either way you might not have space for SLI later on.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Dude, out of those 3 cards - which are all excellent - just get the cheapest one. Download MSI Afterburner and raise the Core to 900mhz. Overclock done and you've saved yourself 20 Euros. At those kind of speeds stability won't be an issue.