1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What software to monitor temperatures?

Discussion in 'Software' started by nescafe, 20 Aug 2010.

1. nescafe

nescafe Minimodder

What programs are the best for monitoring the temperatures of your motherboard and graphics cards?Is there anything that will control fan speeds too??
    Cheers Chris

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I like everest.. fan control probably afterburner or rivatuner

what I did was flash in my fan's ramp up speed from 57-64C.. then it doesn't matter what software your running

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I use all of these, Real temp / core temp / Gpuz and MSI Afterburner for GPU fan speeds

4. ed_456

ed_456 The Artful Bodger

I myself use HWMonitor. Works fine for me, and its handy having all your temperatures and voltages in one place.

5. Cadair

Cadair What's a Dremel?

I use speed Fan, it makes my pc reboot if i try and adjust fan speeds [i think this is because I have not selected the correct Motherboard] but the temperature bit works ok.
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

6. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

hwmonitor

7. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Personally, I used RivaTuner when checking graphics card temperatures (don't now because X1950 Pro's basically don't overclock...) and always use CPU-Z for checking processor temperatures. Generally, CPU-Z tends to be consistently the most accurate out of the temperature monitoring programs, and certainly one of the most popular.

8. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Rivatuner wins by a country mile as far as i'm concerned. I can see all the info I want (including temps) while gaming, plus it logs each session to a file, starting as soon as I boot. It's very useful being able to go back and look at the relationships between frame rate and CPU/GPU/RAM usage - quite revealing!

Rivatuner can also control GPU fan speeds.

For simple desktop monitoring in real time, I use HWmonitor, because it's a no-hassle way of doing things. Rivatuner requires a fair bit of setting up, and it's not as quick to see temperatures (etc) at a glance unless you're in fullscreen 3D.