1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [CIP] Shirokuro

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Ianovski, 8 Jul 2012.

1. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 1

As on some forums already announced, I'm starting with a new casemod. It's actually the first casemod I'm gonna post on the internet. The name of the casemod is Shirokuro wich means Black & White in Japan (well I found out it actually means White & Black).

The idea is to make a clean case, not too much weird stuff on it. Behind the mobo I want to make acryl glass, more plexiglass to work away some hardware, window in it, sleeve the cables, etc. Colors will mainly be black & white with some red in the hardware.

Here is a list with the hardware, not all hardware is here or ordered yet, but soon will be.

Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K (Corsair H50)
    MEM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    GPU: 2x Asus HD5870 v2
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W
    CASE: Cooler Master CM690 Advanced II (Black&White Edition)
    SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB
    HDD: WD Black 1TB

I got the case from Marco at Cooler Master Benelux, so I want to thank him alot for sponsoring me on this project!

This was it for now, untill next time!
    Adios!

Last edited: 26 Nov 2012
  2. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 2

Here we are again! I received some packages. One from Highflow and one with new memory.
    I've also been working to place the plexiglass in the case, worked out pretty well. I was a bit scared that it would crack while sawing it, but seems to be pretty easy with a fine metal saw and a jigsaw on a slow mode.

Another idea is to make the front and the top both out of 1 piece of mesh, so you dont have all those drivebay covers and stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Package from highflow! 4 fans, LED strip, white eSata cables and some cablemanagement stuff.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

New memory. 16GB, hopefully the red fits nice with the rest!
    [​IMG]

Plexiglass all been made to the right sizes. Got pics from the measurement drawing, but baad quality so...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plexiglass without protection, has to be worked with but I'll just tape it. Couldn't wait to see it!
    [​IMG]

With the LED strip on, very happy with the results.
    [​IMG]

Sleeving will be orderen soon! Processor and motherboard too!
    There will also be a overview of the hardware.

Till next time.
    Adios!

3. krussellusaf

krussellusaf What's a Dremel?

Can't wait to see more!

4. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 3

Here I am again. Not a very big update, but i got some good news!

I received a very nice package from Marco at Cooler Master Benelux. This package contained a new PSU for my build, the Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W. Thanks a lot again Marco!! I also cut some things off the plexiglas to make it fit perfect. At some plexiglas parts I also drilled some holes to be able to attach the parts to the case.
    Here are the pics!

The package I received from Cooler Master.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Modular, exactly what I was looking for.
    [​IMG]

Placed it in the case already. Takes some fitting and measuring to get it in.
    [​IMG]

Taping the plexiglas to saw it on the right dimensions. The little square is to be able to fit some cables underneath it
    [​IMG]

Made some space for the stand-offs. Fits perfect.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drilled the holes.
    [​IMG]

I'll use these to attach it.
    [​IMG]

Didn't do alot, but these are some details. There's one piece of plexiglas left to be sawed.
    I also got a little question: Are these cables easy to sleeve?
    [​IMG]

The new hardware I want to order has to wait since I'm waiting for some money that I didn't receive yet. The pictures are pretty bad, but I promise that the final pics will be alot better ;)

Till next time!

Adios

5. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Sponsor Update!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sponsor update!

I'm very happy to pronounce my new sponsor for this build, Steelseries! My special thanks go to Geoffrey from Steelseries for sending me those awesome products!!

Here a little list with the products.

• Steelseries 6G V2 Pro Gaming Keyboard
    • Steelseries Sensei Pro Grade Laser Mouse
    • Steelseries Siberia V2 White Pro Gaming Headset
    • Steelseries Qck Pro Gaming Mouse Surface

Everything ofcourse with the right colors ;)

Received the package!
    [​IMG]

What's in the package?
    [​IMG]

Steelseries 6G V2 Pro Gaming Keyboard
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steelseries Sensei Pro Grade Laser Mouse
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steelseries Siberia V2 White Pro Gaming Headset
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steelseries Qck Pro Gaming Mouse Surface
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again to Geoffrey from steelseries!

I also placed an order at MDPC-X for some sleeving , I expect it to be delivered soon. The Asus Maximus V Formula and Intel Core i7 3770k have also been ordered so these will come soon too. More about this in the next update.

Till next time!
    Adios!

6. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Update 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 4

There we are again, took a while... It's because I've found a place to live in a small town in Holland. I'm going to live there together with a friend. So I've been very busy moving and stuff. But I havn't been doing nothing all day! Some packages arrived and I came up with a cool idea for the front of the case.

I also promissed a total picture of all the hardware. Well, here it is. (I've only been so stupid to forget and put the processor on the picture)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two packages came in. One from Azerty. I've made an awesome deal with Azerty! My special thanks to Jesper from Azerty.

Een Intel Core i7 3770K + Asus Maximus V Formula en koelpasta!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A package from mdpc-x came in too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't start sleeving yet. I'm probably going to find someone else to do that for me. But I'm going on holiday soon and with the moving so... That's probably going to take a while.

I also continues on the midplate. I connected this one with the plate on the side together with rivets. I also tried to give it Japanese style by making squares in it and putting white acryl behind it. I'll put white LEDs behind it so it lights up.

Don't wanna scratch it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Placed it in the case.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Result with white plexi behind it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drill holes.
    [​IMG]

Rivets from mdpc-x.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I placed a part of all the hardware inside the case to see how it looked like. I have to say, I'm very happy with the result. Here the pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how the H50 will be mounted.
    [​IMG]

And my idea for the front of the case. I want to place 3 fans with white LEDs here. This won't fit how it is now ofcourse, so i bought some aluminium to make a plate to mount the fans on.

Making the front ready to saw.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made a plate.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Place the fans to be able to line off the fans.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too bad the aluminium was a bit too thin.. So something went a bit wrong...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I started again. This time with the top of an old pc case. This metal is a bit thicker and also black.
    [​IMG]

Didn't finish it yet so, to be continued...

I hope to be able to continue soon but I don't have any tools or place in my new house yet. Have to make myself a little casemod place.

That's it for now!

Till next time!
    Adios!

7. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 5

Hey all! I’m back with some new things. Don’t have a lot of tools in my new house yet, so it’s gonna take a bit longer then I hoped. During the moving both my HDD’s broke down, so I had to buy new ones. Bought an SSD and a HDD. A SSD was really missing in this pc. Got the Corsair Force GT 120GB and a WD black 1TB from Azerty with a nice offer again! Thanks to Azerty!

[​IMG]

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how the pc is at the moment. It’s working very well and it’s very quick. :D

[​IMG]

During my holiday in Spain I went to my old internship. I asked them if they could make me some nice stickers of my sponsors. They could and they made them for free! So I guess it’s nice to post a link here to their website. If there are any Spanish people looking for graphic solutions, they are very good and very nice.

Here is what they made for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That’s it for now! My build is also on the Cooler Master forum for the competition!

Adios!

8. jay2

jay2 Indonesian Modder

Your acrylic cut is too umm.. not as dark as the surface... :(
    i'm not sure if you could sanded it to make it darker..:geek:
    but i think acrylic bending would looks better..:thumb:

IMO, Round hole for fans is too main stream, why dont you make a "360 radiator style" fan hole.. that would solve your thin alu problem. :geek:

just my 2cents :D

9. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Thanks for your input. I did already sand it, but I guess with some finer sanding it should look better. Bending, tried that, but didnt work out very well :sigh: Don't have good tools to heat or bend...

I'm gonna stay with the round holes, I know it's mainstream but I think it looks better. Thin alu problem is already solved :thumb:

10. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Some sweet hardware man, liking it alot!

Mod on!! :)

11. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 6!

Hey there!

Here I am again with a new update! My PSU has been sleeved. This has been done by Hukkel80. I'm very satisfied about the job he did for me. He's been keeping very good contact with me, sending me pictures by Whatsapp. For the dutch people here, I really recommend him.

The PSU has gone completely white. Parts without shrink, parts with. Placed the PSU in the case and I'm working on the cablemanagement now. Using those MDPC-X things for that. Love them! First some pics of the sleeving.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GPU cables were very hard coz of some double cables. Still very happy with the result! :D
    [​IMG]

So I'm very happy with the sleeving. A sleeved PSU makes the case looks more beautiful already. Here some pics to show the progress I made with cablemanagement and stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also made some progress with the front of the case. Almost finished it. Here some pics!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draw some lines before sawing :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Still have to make it perfect, but it's going into the right direction.
    [​IMG]

I also made a new plate. The other one was a lot shorter then this one but coz I'm not going to put a dvd-drive into the case I wanted to make this plate fill up the whole area. The SSD is going to be mounted on this place so it's more or less hanging in the spotlights. Been busy with it, hasn't completely finished yet. Here the progress!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the way it looks without SSD buuut we want to see it with SSD ofcourse :naughty:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The SSD, still think it's a good looking one.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the SSD is hanging inside the case.
    [​IMG]

Had to make a hole for the cables ofcourse. Only had one little problem. The connector of the cable for the SSD was pointed in the wrong direction. Flipped it, so it should work now. Only have to make the hole a bit bigger. Will do that soon.

Dont worry. Has to be made perfect yet. :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Here you can see I flipped the connector.
    [​IMG]

Enough for now. Going to continue very soon. Any comments or criticism is welcome.

Stay tuned and till next time (soon)!

Adios!

12. k!zzap

k!zzap What's a Dremel?

Looks good, the colour scheme very similar to what I am doing with the case I am working on atm. (great minds think alike right?)

Are you having any issues with using the white sleeving and the original colouring showing through? I went from bitfenix sleeve to paracord to try dodge the issue, but it still seems visible...Im hoping that a couple of strategically placed LEDs will get around that for me.

As for the acrylic issue with the cuts, the problem is that the edges there need to be polished...if you can get a small butane torch (like a portable soldering iron), and go over those edges it should come up nicely if you have done good prep work on them :). Just beware that you cannot whatsoever spill alcohol of any form on it after you do it, because the acrylic will crack...

My one caution would be though, make sure you check the orientation of that flipped connector, making sure that the voltages are all at the pins that they need to be, would be sad to see looking hardware go poof...

-kizz

13. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Thanks a lot! And indeed, great minds think alike :D. As for the color that's comming trough the sleeving, yeah it is there and you can see it, even with some lights. But for me I think it's good like this.

The flipped connector is working just fine, watched out for the orientation indeed, a friend told me that.

If you, and other people, like my case, please make sure to vote for me in the 2012 Cooler Master casemod competition!

Here is the link:
    http://www.facebook.com/coolermaster?sk=app_419693664758569&app_data=view-vote,for-138513

Your vote will be appreciated!

14. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

15. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE 8

Hello everybody!

Im back! Some busy months in the past. Lot's of nice food etc etc.. And I started a very good new year. New year means a new project, very busy planning things for that. Soon more!

Of course I'll finish this build first. It's been used for a lot of hours already but I need to plan a weekend to take it apart and finish it.

Didn't make a good place in the Cooler Master casemod competition, 10+. But it was nice to compete with other very good casemodders. Next time better! Thanks to everyone who voted on me!

I got some pics from building but I have to photoshop and upload them so first a few shots I made for the competition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finals pics will probably made inside a sudio but I'm not completely sure about that yet. Let me know what you think of it so far! Comments, critics, all welcome to me!

Adios!

Ps. I know the case is a bit dirty xD

16. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Hey!!

I'm here with some news. This build is going on pause for a few months. I'm currently working on a HAF XB for a competition and I want to give this build my full attention.

I will post the results here on Bit-tech as soon as I can!

Till next time.
    Adios!

17. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

Steelseries

I made some nice pictures of the products I received from Steelseries earlier in this build. Thanks again to Geoffrey from Steelseries!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Adios!

18. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update 10

I'm back! It has been a while but here's a small update for you guys!

First of all I made some backplates for the GPU's. Just used some black acryl glass. The screws aren't the right ones yet, have to find better ones. Here some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also started on painting the rear plates of the GPU's and the plate in the front in which the 3 fans are mounted. These will be black. I also received a white piece of acryl glass for a new midplate. The idea is to light up the plate from underneath to give it a nice white glow. I also ordered dustfilter for the front and the top and now all I need is some mesh. Unfortunately I'm not able to find a piece that is big enough to make the front of the case... So if people know where I can buy affordable mesh? If I have the mesh I can finally finish this build and start with a new project.

I hope I'm able to finish it soon coz the new project is promissing!

Adios!

19. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Looking very clean Ian! I like them.
    Try and get some sunken head screws for them. Will make it look even more clean.

20. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Here a quick update on the gpu's. Put the first card back in the pc. Looks pretty nice doesn't it? :p

[​IMG]

I also started a Facebook page for all my projects. If you like it, dont forget to like it :p

Now finishing the second backplate!