1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Wireless iPad/Laptop printing w/o using BT wifi Router?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by neil_b, 23 Nov 2014.

1. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

I have a BT HomeHub3 which is fine for wireless linking ipads and laptops, but it steadfastly refuses to work with wifi printing from these devices (I connect my main PC via USB for printing). The web is awash with problems with this router for printing, so I don't think it's likely to be easily solved (and I don't REALLY want to replace a good wifi router - from a network perspective - because of problems printing wirelessly).

We need a second printer for my kids homework etc, which is on iPad's and laptops and all would either have to connect somehow wirelessly (but WITHOUT going through the router) or via a USB cable as a poor alternative.

Can any recommend a good printer that will work with iPads AND Laptops (mainly for documents etc) that work wirelessly with the printer WITHOUT going through a router??? Is there such a thing?

Also, I see references to printers to printers that claim to work wirelessly with both iPad's with Airprint (or something similar from Apple) - but would they use our house BT HomeHub3 router's wifi or are they connecting completely separately and directly to the printer.

Thanks.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2014
  2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

This HP Envy will broadcast it's own WiFi network that you can connect to. I think it'll do what you want from it.

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I've both an HP Officejet all in one and an HP Laserjet, both are wireless. I've printed from my iPad and iPhone to the Officejet but never tried the Laser.

Not sure on other manufacturers but I think HP would be the way to go.